Caramel Stuffed Peanut Butter Blondies are soft and gooey peanut butter blondies with a thick, buttery caramel running through the middle.
I am obsessed with these blondies! I can’t begin to tell you how many times I have made these over the past few weeks. Seriously! Some with caramel, some without, some even completely wheat, gluten, refined sugar free and vegan!
Yes, they’re that adaptable!
Right onto the blondies.
The peanut butter blondies themselves don’t use butter and the fat base is purely peanut butter so you know they’re going to be good! As I’ve said many times in my blog posts, I use all natural peanut butter in all my peanut butter goods as I just prefer the taste. As with all my recipes you can use regular peanut butter instead.
We then add the classic brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, flour, raising agents and milk.
- In place of flour you can use a gluten free baking blend to make these gluten and wheat free.
- Coconut sugar in place of brown sugar to make these refined sugar free.
- 1/3 cup of apple sauce to replace eggs.
- Plant based milk in place of regular milk.
All of these substitutes work as I have personally used all of them, some at the same time as I had to make a vegan and allergy friendly good for someone and some interchangeably depending on my mood.
The beauty is even with the changes, you CAN’T TASTE THE DIFFERENCE! Seriously, I managed to trick my 11 year old cousin into thinking they were regular blondies when really they were ‘healthy’ and she had no idea. That’s no mean feat I can assure you!
The caramel running through the middle is my Caramel Filling recipe that I use in A LOT of my recipes because I love it so much. Now this is not healthy and does not have a substitute so if you are vegan or have other allergy requirements, leave out the caramel. If you aren’t vegan and want an ooey, gooey, comfort food, dessert, then please leave it in. You will thank me!
I hope you like these caramel stuffed peanut butter blondies! Remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments and I would love to know what substitutes you tried! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured.
Caramel Stuffed Peanut Butter Blondies
- 1/2 Tin Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 40 g Butter (1/4 Cup)
- 3 Tbsp. Golden Syrup (Or Brown Sugar)
Peanut Butter Blondies;
- 1 and 3/4 Cups Smooth Peanut Butter
- 2 Large Eggs (Or 1/3 Cup Applesauce)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2/3 Cups Milk, (Or Plant-based Milk)
- 3/4 Cup All Purpose Flour, (Or Gluten Free Blend)
- 3 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2-1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Place the condensed milk, butter and golden syrup in a saucepan over a medium heat and melt together.
- Bring just to the boil stirring constantly and then take off teh heat to cool while you make the blondie batter.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a 9"x9" baking pan with baking paper.
- Mix the peanut butter, eggs, vanilla extract and milk together.
- Add in the flour, baking soda and salt and mix to form a wet batter.
- Stir through the chocolate chips and spread half of the batter into the base of the baking pan.
- Top with the caramel filling and top with the remaining peanut butter blondie mix.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. They’ll underdone but they firm up as they cool.