Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft, chewy and buttery chocolate chip cookies that are gluten free, dairy free and vegan!
It appears #healthyjanuary is still going strong on my blog and around the world so here is another “healthy” recipe for you all! (Remember these Paleo Brookies?) Not that you would know these are healthy. In the least!! Trust me.
I served these to my young cousin and she loved them! Little did she know they were good for her!
These cookies require one bowl, they’re quick and easy and contain no refined sugars, wheat, dairy, eggs or gluten! You seriously won’t know the difference between these and regular chocolate chip cookies.
What I love about gluten free flour blends is the texture they give to baked goods. Almost melt-in-the-mouth, like shortbread. You can use any good gluten free flour blend from your supermarkets or you will find great brands online like this one and this one.
I know we aren’t all vegan or have apple sauce on hand at all times so if you want to make these without apple sauce, replace the apple sauce with one egg.
I hope you enjoy these Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured!
Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil, Partially Melted (110g)
- 1 Cup Coconut Sugar (175g)
- 1/4 Cup Apple Sauce (65g)
- 1/4 Cup Almond Milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Gluten Free Flour (240g)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 and 1/2 Cups Vegan Chocolate Chips (270g)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Beat together the coconut oil, coconut sugar, apple sauce, almond milk and vanilla extract together until well combined.
- Add in the gluten free flour, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips and mix through until well combined.
- Roll into balls and place on the prepared baking tray, leaving a few inches between each cookie and place in the oven for 10-12 minutes. The middle will look slightly under-baked but will harden and become chewy when they cool.