Healthy Chocolate Cookie Bars are gluten free, dairy free, egg free, refined sugar free and vegan soft and chewy chocolate cookie bars. I’m obsessed with this recipe!
This recipe is based off my Brownie Cookies recipe. Since making this brownie cookies about million times I decided I wanted to make them into something new, thus, the healthy chocolate cookie bars are born.
After a number of technical difficulties with the blog this past week I believe we’re back in business! Apologies to anyone this affected if you couldn’t get to the recipes you wanted or needed. Fingers crossed I have solved all the problems and we can get back to the delicious treats.
These are the easiest cookie bars imaginable. Just a bowl and spoon is required. Even if you aren’t gluten free, I recommend using a gluten free flour mix for these as the gluten free flour gives these cookie bars such a unique and melt-in-the-mouth texture.
Think of a soft and chewy shortbread. So a soft cookie bar that when it hits your tongue starts to melt.
Trust me! You want that texture.
I hope you enjoy this Healthy Chocolate Cookie Bars and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for fun baking videos!
Healthy Chocolate Cookie Bars
- 3/4 Cup Coconut Sugar (Brown Sugar)
- 2 Cups Gluten Free Flour Mix (Regular Flour)
- 1 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 and 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 200 g Vegan Dark Chocolate
- 1/4-1/3 Cup Almond Milk
- 1/2-1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a 9"x9" baking pan with baking paper and set aside.
- Place the brown sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl and mix together.
- Melt the oil and dark chocolate together and mix into the dry ingredients. Add in a tablespoon of milk at a time until the mixture comes together.
- Add in the chocolate chips and stir through.
- Press into the prepared pan and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes. The middle will be soft and they will look slightly underdone but they will harden as they cool.