Mini Egg Cookie Pie or cookie cake depending on what you like to call them. A vanilla cookie pie filled with chocolate chips, Easter eggs and Easter mini eggs and topped with a rainbow coloured white chocolate drizzle.
O. M. G. YOU GUYS! Look at this beauty! The gorgeous pastels, the speckled mini eggs, the chewy and soft cookie you know is hiding underneath… THIS is what you call an Easter showstopping dessert!
I used my trusty cookie pie base recipe added far too much chocolate (kidding! Is too much chocolate even a thing?), all manner of Easter eggs and smothered the lot in pastel coloured white chocolate drizzles and more mini eggs.
This is probably more of a cookie cake than a cookie pie but regardless of what you like to call it, you need to make it!
I am on an Easter egg frenzy. I have been buying far too many Easter eggs on my very meager student budget but there’s just something about baking with Easter eggs, particularly pretty pastel mini eggs, that is just so fun.
After posting my Creme Egg Brownies recipe and my Oreo Creme Egg Cookie Bars recipe, this one will be my last for Easter recipe for the year. Don’t panic! There are plenty of other Easter recipes in my blogs archive and I already have plenty of Easter themed treats up my sleeve for next year!
The most time consuming part of this mini egg cookie pie /cake is the colouring of the white chocolate. I used small ramekins to separate my chocolate as I ran out of bowls. I also used liquid food colouring as that’s what I had on hand. You could use gel colours or if you can get your hands on them, pastel food colouring so there’s no chance of you being heavy handed with the colouring.
I hope you enjoy this Mini Egg Cookie Pie and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for fun baking videos!
Mini Egg Cookie Pie
- 200 g Butter, Partially Melted
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 and 1/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Mini Easter Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Extra Chocolate Chips or chopped Easter Eggs
- 50 g Mini Eggs, Chopped
- 50 g Whole Mini Eggs
- 120 g White Chocolate Melted
- Red, Yellow, Blue and Green Food Colouring
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350 F) and grease a 9" or 20cm round pie dish.
- Beat the super soft or partially melted butter, brown sugar and sugar together.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla extract and beat in.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and Easter eggs.
- Spread the cookie dough in an even layer in the prepared dish.
- Place in the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes. The middle will be soft but the outside will be starting to turn golden.Allow it to cool completely before slicing otherwise the caramel will just run everywhere.
- Allow it to cool completely before topping with the melted chocolate and mini eggs.
- Chop the mini eggs and have them ready in a bowl.
- Melt the white chocolate and divide the chocolate into four or five bowls.
- Add a drop of red food colouring to one bowl and stir. Add as much or as little food colouring you need to achieve a pastel pink colour.
- Repeat with the remaining colours. (You can do a fifth colour of red and blue to create a pastel purple is you wish.
- Drizzle each colour onto the cookie pie and then top with the chopped and whole mini eggs to decorate.
- Allow the chocolate to set before slicing and serving.