This Oreo Cheesecake is the best cheesecake. It’s no bake with no gelatin involved. We have an Oreo crust with a cheesecake filling packed full of crushed Oreos. Top with whipped cream, chocolate drizzle, crushed Oreos and mini Oreos to take this Oreo Cheesecake to the NEXT LEVEL!
Cheesecakes are one of my favourite desserts and I think they might be yours too with my Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars being one of the top recipes on my blog! I also love all things Oreos and cookies and cream so when I realised I didn’t have an Oreo Cheesecake recipe on my blog I was shocked at myself!
Okay, okay. So I have my Mini Oreo Cheesecakes…
They’re mini baked cheesecakes.
This is a monster of an Oreo Cheesecake and the best I personally have ever had!
As stated above this is a no bake cheesecake but a no bake cheesecake that does not rely on gelatin! I for one don’t like gelatin cheesecakes. I find the texture wrong and the flavours of the cheesecake muted.
This no bake cheesecake relies on the cream cheese and whipped cream to hold its shape. We use three blocks of cream cheese to ensure this is really rich and cheesecakey (?).
This means full fat cream cheese is needed. Not the low fat or spreadable kind. When whipped the low fat and spreadable cream cheeses will turn soft and runny.
Another key component is using whipped cream. To ensure the cream holds it’s shape in the cheesecake I recommend lightly whipping the cream first until soft peaks form then adding it into the cheesecake mixture and just lightly beating until it is mixed through. Over beating will cause the cream to split and under beating will mean the cream is runny.
Four packets of Oreos go into this cheesecake! Yes you read that correctly! FOUR.
Two packets for the Oreo crust base and two for the filling. I don’t like cheesecakes that call themselves a certain flavour and then have a minimal amount of said flavour so, I put two packets of lightly crushed Oreos throughout the cheesecake to ensure this would not be mistaken for anything other than an Oreo Cheesecake!
I told you this was a monster of a cheesecake!
Decorate with more crushed Oreos, a drizzle of chocolate, whipped cream and mini Oreos to turn a regular cheesecake into a showstopper, fit for Hollywood!
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do and remember if you make this or any of my other recipes to #lightscamerabake and tag me on Instagram so I can see your creations and for a chance to be featured! Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more fun baking videos and tutorials.
Have a fabulous Friday and weekend. I know what you’ll be baking this weekend! 😉
- 28 Oreos, Crushed
- 1/4 Cup Butter, Melted (55g)
- 3 Cups Cream Cheese, Room Temperature (750g)
- 1 Cup Whipping Cream
- 1 Cup Icing Sugar (120g)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 28 Oreos, Lightly Crushed
- 4 Oreos, Crushed
- 1/3 Cup Chocolate, Melted (70g)
- 3/4 Cup Whipping Cream
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Icing Sugar (30g)
- 12-16 Mini Oreos
- Line a 9"x9" square baking pan or a 20cm round cake pan with non stick paper or grease with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Crush the Oreos and mix with the melted butter. Press into the base of the prepared pan and place in the fridge while you make your cheesecake filling.
- Lightly whip the cream in a bowl until soft peaks form and set a side
- Beat the softened cream cheese until no lumps remain.
- Beat in the icing sugar and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- Add in the lightly crushed Oreos and whipped cream and beat until just combined.
- Pour over the Oreo crust and spread into an even layer.
- Allow to set for at least four hours but it tastes better if it has rested overnight.
- Before serving, decorate with crushed Oreos, a chocolate drizzle, whipped cream and mini Oreos if you want. Or decorate however you desire.
- I decorated by sprinkling a touch of crushed Oreos over the top of the cheesecake and then drizzling some melted chocolate over that.
- Then I piped blobs of whipped cream (with vanilla extract and icing sugar beat in with it) in even spaces over the cheesecake and placed a mini Oreo in the middle of each cream blob.
- This is all optional!