**Images and recipe updated 2021. I have listened to you, my audience, and I have adjusted the recipe to ensure the bars don’t turn out too dry.**
Peanut Butter Bars are a peanut butter oat slice that’s sweet and chewy and topped with a peanut butter chocolate ganache.
Crunchy, chewy peanut butter oat base, a layer of smooth and creamy peanut butter and a topping of peanut butter chocolate ganache. These peanut butter bars are the ultimate peanut butter lovers treat!
If you’ve been reading this blog for a while now you will know I am a lover of anything peanut butter and chocolate. Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake, Flourless Peanut Butter Crunch Brownies and most recently Peanut Butter Fudge Rocky Road just to name a few!
Today’s recipe is going back to basics. A simple tray bake with simple, everyday ingredients that is great to have as a snack, dessert or to have in the house for guests. (Christmas visitors will love these!).
As always, you can use any peanut butter brand so long as its smooth peanut butter! Crunchy peanut butter results in a dry and crumbly end result. Trust me. I learnt the hard way!
I do, as I’ve mentioned in previous posts, like to use all natural peanut butter as I prefer the taste and find it less sweet but full additives, ‘normal’ peanut butter is still perfect for this recipe.
Did you make this recipe? If so, show me your creation! Tag me on Instagram @lightscamerabake and #lightscamerabake to be featured.
Also don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more fun baking videos.
Peanut Butter Bars
- 3/4 Cup Butter (150g)
- 1 and 1/4 Cups Peanut Butter (312g)
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar (180g)
- 1/4 Cup Sugar (50g)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats (180g)
- 1 and 1/4 Cups All Purpose Flour (150g)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/3 Cup Peanut Butter (90g)
- 1 Cup Dark Chocolate (180g)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a 9" baking pan with baking paper and set aside.
- Cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar.
- Beat in the eggs, vanilla, and 3/4 of the peanut butter and mix well.
- Add in the oats, flour and baking soda and mix.
- Press into the baking pan and place in the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes. They will look slightly underdone in the middle and will harden as they cool.
- While still warm, spread over the remaining 1/4 cup of peanut butter.
- Allow to cool while you make the chocolate topping.
- Melt the peanut butter and chocolate together until smooth and pour over the cooled bars.
- Allow to set slightly and then slice into pieces.