If you love carrot and almonds, you are going to love this Paleo Carrot Almond Cake! This is gluten free, grain free, refined sugar free, dairy free, healthy and most importantly, it tastes so yummy!
This paleo carrot almond cake is super moist from the carrots, has a lovely almond flavour and texture from the use of almond meal and has a lovely hit of spice from the cinnamon and nutmeg. Not only is this healthy and taste great, but it is also a quick, one bowl recipe that can be made in ten minutes!
First it takes grating the carrots. I grated mine by hand (#workoutoftheday) but to make it even faster you could just pop them in a grating machine thingy. I don’t know what they are called but you know what I mean. Make sure you leave the grated carrot on some paper towels to soak up the excess liquid. After you have got the carrots out of the way all it takes is beating coconut sugar, coconut oil, eggs, vanilla essence, almond meal, lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg.
You can tell when this cake is done when the top is set and a skewer inserted comes out clean. This cake doesn’t change colour much as its baking so it can be hard to tell by sight so just keep checking it in the last 5 minutes of baking.
Just take a look at the video below and I’ll show you how easy it is to bake this yummy cake!
Paleo Carrot Almond Cake
- 2 Cups Carrot, Grated
- 3/4 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil, Melted
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Large Eggs
- 2 and 1/2 Cups Almond Meal
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 Lemon, Juice Only
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and grease a 20cm round cake tin.
- Grate the carrots (around 2) and leave on paper towels to soak up any excess liquid.
- Beat the coconut sugar and melted coconut oil together.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the almond meal, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Stir in the lemon juice and grated carrots and pour into the prepared cake tin.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Check it at 30 and if the top is set and a skewer inserted comes out clean it is cooked.