Kinder Bueno Cookie Bars: Chewy and soft cookie bars packed full of Kinder chocolate, Kinder Bueno and extra chocolate and white chocolate chips if you so desire. (If you're like me, the extra chocolate isn't optional!)
Fun fact about me: Kinder Bueno happens to be one of my all time favourite chocolates! Makes sense as hazelnut chocolate is my favourite kind of chocolate and they're created by Ferrero who makes Nutella. You all know how much I love Nutella!
I was inspired by the Kinder Bueno cookie bars over on Jane's Patisserie (if you haven't checked out her blog yet, you really should!). Her cookie bars looked so tempting, I just had to make my own version.
Using my trusting cookie bar base recipe that has served me well in many recipes, I set to work to try and make the gooiest and chewiest cookie bar packed with enough Kinder Bueno to satisfy everyone's cravings.
I believe I have been successful in that endeavour!
With 6 Kinder Bueno Bars and 150g of Kinder chocolate, there is sure to be a Kinder surprise in every bite. (Kinder Surprise, get it?!)
I couldn't stop there.
I also added extra milk and white chocolate to go with the Kinder theme for added bursts of chocolate flavour. This is completely optional or you could increase the Kinder Bueno and Kinder chocolate ratio if you desire.
I hope you enjoy these Kinder Bueno Cookie Bars and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured and don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for fun baking videos!
Kinder Bueno Cookie Bars
- ½ Cup Butter, Partially Melted (110g)
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar (100g)
- ¼ Cup Sugar (50g)
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 and ¼ Cups All Purpose Flour (155g)
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt
- 265 g Kinder Bueno, Chopped (around 6 bars)
- 1 Cup Kinder Chocolate, Chopped (180g)
- ½ Cup Chocolate and White Chocolate Chips, Optional (90g)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and grease a 9"x9" baking tin with butter or non stick cooking spray.
- Beat the butter, brown sugar and sugar together.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- Add in the flour, baking soda and salt and mix. Finally add in 200g of the chopped Kinder Bueno, 150g of the Kinder chocolate and the chocolate chips if you're adding them and mix together.
- Spread the cookie dough in an even layer and top with the remaining Kinder Bueno and Kinder chocolate and bake for 20-25 minutes. The top and sides will be golden and set but the middle will still be soft.
- Allow to cool for around 10 minutes before removing from the pan and slicing.