Cranberry and Chocolate Chip Cookies contain dried cranberries and chocolate chips in a soft and chewy cookie. You get the tart burst of cranberry followed by the richness of the chocolate. What’s not to love?
The countdown is on! Christmas songs are playing everywhere you go, the shops are crowded with last minute Christmas shoppers and it hasn’t even been my birthday yet!
To get in the holiday spirit, as I know for a lot of people it will be a bit different this year (myself included), I thought I would begin sharing ‘holiday themed’ recipes early.
Like last week’s Biscoff Swirled Cookies and now this week’s Cranberry and Chocolate Chip Cookies
These cookies have a lovely underlying flavour that is almost caramel like from the brown sugar and the addition of maple syrup. That t combined with the tart bursts of dried cranberries and the sweetness of the chocolate chips makes one hell of a cookie!
I hope you enjoy these Cranberry and Chocolate Chip Cookies and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for fun baking videos!
Cranberry and Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Melted (110g)
- 1/4 Cup Sugar (50g)
- 2/3 Cup Brown Sugar (130g)
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup (90g)
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp. Cornflour (7g)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 and 3/4 Cups All Purpose Flour (215g)
- 3/4 Cup Chocolate Chips (135g)
- 1/2 Cup Dried Cranberries (64.9g)
- Melt the butter and in a bowl, mix the melted butter, sugar, brown sugar together.
- Add in the maple syrup, egg and vanilla extract and mix together.
- Mix in the flour, baking soda, baking powder and cornflour.
- Finally mix in the chocolate chips and dried cranberries and place the mixture in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. I waited around 40 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Roll the chilled dough into balls and place on the tray.
- Bake for around 10-12 minutes. The cookies will have spread slightly, the top will have a very slightly golden look to it and they will be soft to the touch.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes before devouring!