Bakery Style Red Velvet Cookies are thick New York bakery style cookies that are soft and chewy red velvet filled with A LOT of white chocolate!
Happy 2023! And welcome to the first post of the year.
Last year was a crazy year for me both professionally and personally. This included me taking the longest hiatus from posting on this blog since its inception. I do have a number of reasons for this including finishing my final year of studies through completing extra classes and also working another job at the same time but honestly.... I just needed a break.
This blog has always been a passion that I have grown into a small business but I was just so burnt out that it had become a chore. So I took a break and I have found the love I have for developing new recipes and sharing them again!
I have a lot of goals I want to hit this year in terms of this blog and social media so watch this space! If you are a long time supporter or a new one I want to thank you for being here, trying my recipes, commenting and following my social media. It truly means the world and I would have given this up years ago without all of you.
And with that, lets get in to today's recipe... Bakery style red velvet cookies!
I LOVE red velvet! The slight chocolate flavour mixed with the vanilla... Absolutely scrumptious! I also have a number of red velvet recipes on this blog but not a cookie recipe... Until today!
More Red Velvet Recipes:
- Red Velvet Cake
- Red Velvet Cake Pops
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Cake
- Nutella Stuffed Red Velvet Cookie Pie
Like all bakery style cookies (or NYC cookies), these cookies are extra large, thick and chewy! They use cold butter - a technique from one of the most famous bakeries, Levain Bakery - which ensures a thick and chewy cookie EVERY SINGLE TIME!
How To Make The Bakery Style Red Velvet Cookies
More Bakery Style Cookies:
- Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Bakery Style Triple Chocolate Cookies
- Kinder Bueno Cookies
- Bakery Style Gingerbread Cookies
Did you make this recipe? If so, show me your creation! Tag me on Instagram @lightscamerabake and #lightscamerabake to be featured.
Also don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more fun baking videos.
Bakery Style Red Velvet Cookies
- 1 Cup Butter, Cold and in chunks (220g)
- ¾ Cup Brown Sugar (150g)
- ½ Cup Sugar (100g)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp. Red Food Colouring
- 2 Tbsp. Cocoa Powder (14g)
- 1 Tbsp. Cornflour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3 and ½ Cups All Purpose Flour (420g)
- 1 Cup White Chocolate Chips (180g)
- ½ Cup Chopped White Chocolate (Dream or Milkybar) (90g)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a small bowl mix the cocoa powder, vanilla extract and red food colouring together and set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat the cold butter with the brown sugar and sugar creaming them together. There should still be clumps of butter visible.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and beat in. Again, there should still be chunks of butter visible.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, cornflour and baking powder together. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients. The batter will be quite stiff.
- Chop up the white chocolate and add that and the white chocolate chips and stir in.
- Divide the mixture into around 10-12 large balls and arrange on the prepared tray. Only four to a tray as they will spread. I didn't roll mine, more like clumped them together in a rustic look. You want them tall balls rather than flatter balls as this will help them remain thick.
- Chill the dough for 30 minutes – 1 hour to re chill the butter and avoid spreading.
- Bake for around 15-20 minutes. The dough will still be a little soft to the touch. Allow to cool on the tray for 10 minutes before either eating warm or bring them to room temperature.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.