*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!*
Kinder Bueno Cookies are big, thick and chewy cookies filled with chocolate chips, Kinder chocolate and Kinder Buenos.
If you saw my last post: My Top 10 Recipes for 2020, you will have noticed that Kinder Bueno is a popular flavour!
So what better way to start the year than with a Kinder Bueno recipe for the books?! Giant, bakery style Kinder Bueno cookies!
The base of these cookies are based on my popular, (and personal favourite recipe), bakery style chocolate chip cookies.
These cookies are thick, soft in the middle and chewy on the outside and they are perfect every single time!
I made these BIG! Like bakery cookie big. But you don’t have to if you don’t want to. These cookies are just as good regular sized and I have provided notes in the recipe on how to create regular sized cookies.
The key to these cookies is the cold butter. Yes we want it cold. Straight from the fridge.
The cold butter means you will still have small chunks of butter throughout the cookie dough and will ensure the cookies do not spread too much while aiding in keeping these cookies chewy.
You will see from the video below that my butter was softening. This is because its the middle of summer in Australia and the butter starts melting as soon as it leaves the fridge. LITERALLY!
So if this happens to you, just keep placing the dough into the fridge in between steps as needed
Did you make this recipe? If so, show me your creation! Tag me on Instagram @lightscamerabake and #lightscamerabake to be featured.
Also don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more fun baking videos.
Kinder Bueno Cookies
- 1 Cup Butter, Cold and in small chunks (220g)
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar (150g)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar (100g)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 3 and 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour (420g)
- 1 Tbsp. Cornflour (Cornstarch)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips (180g)
- 129 g Kinder Bueno, Chopped into small pieces (3x Kinder Bueno Bars)
- 140 g Kinder Chocolate, Chopped into pieces
- 43 g Kinder Buneo (1x Kinder Bueno Bar)
- 60 g Kinder Chocolate, Chopped into smaller pieces
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- With an electric mixer, beat the cold butter with the brown sugar and sugar creaming them together.
- There should still be clumps of butter visible.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and beat in. Again, there should still be chunks of butter visible.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, cornflour and baking powder together.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients. The batter will be quite stiff.
- Chop up the Kinder Bueno and Kinder chocolate and add that and the chocolate chips and stir in.
- Divide the mixture into around 10-12 large balls and arrange on the prepared pan. Only four or five to a tray as they will spread.
- I didn't roll mine, more like clumped them together in a rustic look. You want them tall balls rather than flatter balls as this will help them remain thick.
- Chill the dough for 30 minutes – 1 hour to re chill the butter and avoid spreading.
- Bake for around 15-20 minutes. The dough will still be a little soft to the touch.
- It's at this moment you can choose to top each cookie with extra pieces of Kinder Buneo or Kinder Chocolate so that they melt into the tops of each cookie.
- If you do this, reduce the baki9ng time to 12-15 minutes.