Mint Oreo Truffles are an extremely simple yet show stopping, no bake dessert or sweet treat perfect for the holidays!
I can’t believe its nearly Christmas 2020! What a year it has been. Certainly a year that will never be forgotten and one that will be taught in history classes years to come.
One thing that we can look forward to this year though is Christmas! I know for a lot of people (myself included), Christmas will look very different. Be it that you can’t go home for Christmas (me) or you can’t afford the same things you usually can etc.
The key is to find the positives and happiness on the day in whatever way you can
For me, that includes baking yummy goods for friends and family for the holiday’s. Including these bad boys!
These mint Oreo truffles are twist on my classic Oreo Truffles recipe with the addition of peppermint for that Christmas feel!
All the extras of crushed candy canes and colouring the white chocolate red for the drizzle can all be omitted if you just want to keep it simple or make these for another occasion (Valentines Day? Easter?).
Another option is to use red and green food colouring…. The choice is yours. Have fun with these simple, minimal ingredient, no bake mint Oreo truffles!
I hope you enjoy these Mint Oreo Truffles and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for fun baking videos!
Mint Oreo Truffles
- 28 Oreos (2 Packets or 266g)
- 1 Cup Cream Cheese (250g)
- 3/4 Cup Dark Chocolate Buttons or Chips (100g)
- 1 and 1/4 Cups White Chocolate Buttons or Chips (200g)
- 2 tsp – 1 Tbsp. Peppermint Extract*
- 1 Candy Cane, Crushed
- 1 Touch Red Food Colouring Paste*
- Crush the Oreos into a fine crumb either in a food processor or by hand.
- Add the cream cheese and 1-2 tsp of the peppermint extract and mix together until it is all combined.
- *I suggest adding 1 tsp of the extract at a time and test the batter to see if you want more peppermint.
- Roll the Oreo mixture into balls and place on a plate lined with non stick paper.
- Place in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt the dark chocolate and place in a bowl add 1/4 tsp of peppermint extract to the chocolate and mix.
- Melt 150g of the white chocolate and place in a separate bowl and add 1/4 tsp of peppermint extract to the chocolate and mix.
- *Again I suggest testing the chocolate to see if you want to up the extract amount to 1/2 tsp.
- Dip the Oreo balls into the chocolate one at a time. I like to alternate between the two chocolates.
- Melt the remaining 50g of white chocolate.
- To that 50g of white chocolate add a touch of red food colouring paste and stir through.
- Add tiny amounts of red food colouring until you have a nice red.
- Drizzle this red drizzle over the white chocolate covered truffles for the finishing touch.
- Lightly sprinkle over the crushed candy canes over the dark chocolate covered truffles and then place the truffles in the fridge until the chocolate has set.
- Store the truffles in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.