The words that come to mind when I think of Oreo Truffles is divine, indulgent and decadent. I’ve had two people on separate occasions tell me they are ‘little bites of heaven’. If like the sound of that then read on!
You could be fooled into thinking these were difficult to make. Most people are when I serve them. In actual fact there are only three ingredients needed, one bowl or food processor, no oven required and take less than half an hour of your time to put them together.
The filling is crushed Oreos and cream cheese. That’s it! I’m completely obsessed with this filling and has featured many times on this blog. Oreo Truffle Stuffed Cookies and Red Velvet Truffle Bars to name a couple. The good thing is, 99.9% of people I’ve served these to are as well! More excuses to make them am I right?
The only part of this recipe that requires some effort is the covering of the truffles in melted chocolate. This can be a difficult process for some – including me – but I’ve picked up a few tricks along the way.
- Make sure the chocolate is completely melted and warm. Not melted completely or not warm enough and it will start to set again straight away.
- If you are dipping the truffles in the chocolate I recommend pouring the chocolate into a cup rather than a bowl. The chocolate will be deeper that way and easier to dip and get a smooth finish.
- Use a fork so the excess chocolate can run off through the prongs.
I originally posted this recipe in 2014 on my old blog but felt it needed to be updated and the photos redone. This recipe is just too good not to share over and over again!
New Video This Week:
- 250 g Cream Cheese Light or full fat
- 28 Oreo Cookies (2 Packets)
- 200 g Dark Chocolate (Milk or White Chocolate)
- Crush the Oreos into a fine crumb either in a food processor or by hand.
Add the cream cheese and mix together until it is all combined. (I find it easier to use my hands.)
Roll the Oreo mixture into balls and place on a plate lined with non stick paper.
- Place in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes.
In the meantime, melt your chocolate of choice, (I like to use dark chocolate).
Pour the chocolate over the truffles, giving them a nice coating or dip the Oreo balls into the chocolate one at a time.
- Place to balls in the fridge until the chocolate has set.
- Store in the fridge.
Optional to drizzle a white chocolate drizzle over each one for the finishing touch. For this I take 50g of white chocolate and pour it into a zip lock bag. I then chop one corner and drizzle.