These Oreo Truffle Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies are my beautiful and decedent Oreo Truffles, encased in a soft and rich chocolate chip cookie. You will definitely want to make these. Like, right now.
If you haven’t already noticed, I’m kind of obsessed with baking with Oreos. As you can see here, here, here, here and here. One of my favourite things to make with Oreos are the decedent Oreo Truffles! (Remember my No Bake Oreo Truffle Cheesecake?) I just think not only are they so insanely delicious but they are so quick and easy to make that there really is no excuse not to make them!
So in my Oreo Truffle obsessed mind, I thought I would take inspiration from my Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies and see how they would fare with a truffle in the middle.
The first batch nice. Edible but not spectacular.
I then realised that by cooking the truffle in the center of the cookies, I was cooking the truffle as well which took away some of the intense Oreo Truffleness. I then decided to try these again but before baking them, I froze the Oreo Truffles so when I baked the cookies the truffles won’t be cooking with the cookies, just ‘defrosting’ so to speak.
That worked. That worked very well indeed. I ate one of these warm out of the oven and the truffle and cookie are deliciously gooey. When the truffle is warm it isn’t as strong in flavour but still delicious. Once the cookies have cooled completely they are still lovely and soft and the truffle tastes exactly how they normally do. I like these both ways, it’s almost like having two different cookies!
Now that I’ve stopped waffling on, it’s time for you to go make these cookies! Seriously….
What are you still doing here?!
- 125 g Cream Cheese
- 14 Oreos, Crushed
- 100 g Butter, Softened (1/2 Cup)
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 and 2/3 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 3/4 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Combine the crushed Oreos and cream cheese together.
- Roll them into 12 balls and place them in the freezer for at least 30 minutes but preferably an hour or more.
- While they are chilling, make the cookies.
Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- With an electric mixer, beat the softened butter until creamy and add the two sugars creaming together.
Add the egg and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, salt and baking soda together.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients in batches. The batter will be quite stiff.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir in.
- Divide the mixture into around 24 balls. Grab one ball and flatten it in the palm of your hand. place a truffle on top of this and grab another ball and place it on top. Seal the edges together around the truffle and place on the baking tray.
- Bake for around 12 minutes. The dough will still be a little soft to the touch and may look slightly underbaked.
Eat warm for a soft gooey cookie.
Allow to cool completely for a soft cookie with a stronger Oreo Truffle flavour.