This no bake Marshmallow Peanut Butter Crunch Slice is layers of crushed Oreos, melted, sticky marshmallows and crunchy peanut butter mixed with smooth, creamy chocolate. The ultimate no bake sweet treat everyone can enjoy.
Hello everybody! Happy Monday!! I know happy and Monday are not usually used in the same sentence as one another but today they are for two reasons.
- If you have been following the saga of the under-stocked supermarket shelves in my town that have deprived me of Oreos for two weeks (You can read about it here and here) then you will be pleased to know that said crisis has now come to an end, the shelves are fully stocked and all is well again.
- I bring you this amazing no bake slice! This slice is oh so sweet, super simple and a mixture of soft, crunchy and creamy! There are so many layers, flavours and textures going on in these that your taste buds won’t know where to begin.
This slice came about when I went through the pantry and found that I had a few leftovers lying around. A half eaten jar of peanut butter, an open bag of marshmallows (that were slowly turning into one giant sticky marshmallow), the remaining few Oreos left in the house while the Oreo shortage of ’16 was in full swing and multiple half used blocks of chocolate.
I grabbed all the open ingredients and began to brainstorm different ways of using them without having to make a ton of different recipes or extra ingredients. I could have made these Oreo Truffles, Mallow Balls and these insane over-the-top bars. But that would have mean’t adding far too many other ingredients that I didn’t have in the pantry, while adding far too much food to my already overflowing freezer.
I love experimenting in the kitchen and so this Marshmallow Peanut Butter Crunch Slice was born.
To begin crush the Oreos with a little butter and press into the base of a tin. Melt the marshmallows and spread that over the top of the Oreo base. For this step you want to move fast as the marshmallow mixture will cool quickly and start to become insanely sticky so it will begin to stick to the saucepan and become a nightmare to work with so act fast!
Now you want to place that in the fridge to set fully. I cannot stress that enough. If you don’t let it set fully you won’t get definite layers. as you can see from my photos, I do NOT let mine set fully so the chocolate peanut butter layer as sunk into the marshmallow in some places and created with chocolate pockets.
I don’t mind that – hence why I used these photos- and if you don’t mind that either, then only leave the marshmallow layer to set for 30 minutes.
Once you have your chocolate peanut butter layer on top, allow it to set before slicing and that’s it! The end result is like a crunchy, sweet, sticky, gooey, soft, creamy, slice that tastes like Oreos, marshmallows and Reeces Pieces.
Give these a go and if you do, let me know what you think of them!
Marshmallow Peanut Butter Crunch Slice
- 2 Cups Oreos, Crushed
- 50 g Butter, Melted (1/4 Cup)
- 2 Cups Marshmallows
- 1 Tbsp. Water
- 250 g Milk Chocolate
- 1/2 Cup Crunchy Peanut Butter
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line an 8"x8" pan with baking paper.
- Crush the Oreos and mix in the meted butter.
- Press into the prepared pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Next, melt the marshmallows with the water on a medium heat.
- Pour the mixture over the base (work quickly!)
- Place in the fridge to set for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate and peanut butter together and spread over the marshmallow layer.
- Return to the fridge for another hour before slicing.
You could try this with dark or white chocolate.
Allow the marshmallow layer to set completely before adding the chocolate peantu butter layer or it will sink and mix with the marshmallow layer.