Christmas Cookie Bars are soft and gooey spiced cookie bars with white chocolate buttons and Christmas themed M&Ms.
I know it’s still November. Don’t kill me for bringing you Christmas treats early this year! I was saving this recipe for December but it was just too good not to share and on the plus side, you can make these for the family that turns up early for Christmas or for school/work break ups.
Christmas themed foods are all through the supermarkets already and so are the Christmas M&Ms. Upon seeing this I knew I had to make special Christmas Cookie Bars because you know we love cookie bars here!
These cookie bars are extra special. Not only are they super ooey gooey and have Christmas M&Ms but they also have cinnamon added for a more festive flavour. The cinnamon isn’t overwhelming in flavour but boy does it change these Christmas cookie bars from good to freaking awesome!
I seriously may had a touch of cinnamon to all my cookie bars from now on. Its that good!
The addition of the white chocolate buttons is of course optional, I just love the white with the red and green and the addition of more chocolate is never a bad idea.
If you don’t want these cookie bars Christmas themed you could replace the Christmas M&Ms with regular M&Ms but definitely keep the cinnamon. Trust me on this!
Do you have any Christmas plans? Let me know in the comments below.
I hope you enjoy these Christmas Cookie Bars and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for fun baking videos!
Christmas Cookie Bars
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Partially Melted (110g)
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar (65g)
- 1/3 Cup Sugar (75g)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 tsp Golden Syrup (Corn Syrup or Maple Syrup)
- 1 and 1/4 Cups All Purpose Flour (155g)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/3 Cup White Chocolate Buttons (70g)
- 3/4 Cup Christmas M&Ms (150g)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and grease an 8"x8" baking pan.
- Beat the super soft or partially melted butter, brown sugar and sugar together.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla extract and golden syrup.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Stir in the white chocolate buttons and M&Ms.
- Spread the cookie dough in an even layer in the prepared baking dish and place in the oven to bake for 20 minutes. The middle will still have a few crumbs attached when a skewer is inserted and the outside will be starting to turn golden.