Caramilk Cheesecake Cookie Bars are soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie baked as a slice and filled with a Caramilk cheesecake.
Apologies for my absence both here and on social media. I have been extremely busy with university assessments and working on various other exciting projects you will here about soon!
I have many new recipes in the works but I would love to hear from you, my dear readers, about what recipes you want to see on the blog!
Let me know by emailing me or in the comments below.
Back to today’s recipe. We have another Cadbury Caramilk recipe! I know there is now the Milkbar Gold as well which would be a great substitute for the caramilk if you can’t get your hands on Cadbury caramilk.
The recipe today is light with mild flavours.
This caramilk cheesecake cookie bars recipe is one bowl and can be whipped up in 5 minutes.
Then we fill the cookie bars with a Caramilk cheesecake. A spin on my Caramilk Cheesecake recipe. It’s like two desserts in one!
Did you make this recipe? If so, show me your creation! Tag me on Instagram @lightscamerabake and #lightscamerabake to be featured.
Also don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more fun baking videos.
Caramilk Cheesecake Cookie Bars
- 1 Cup Cream Cheese, at room temperature (250g)
- 1/2 Cup Greek Yoghurt (or Sour Cream) (125g)
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 Cup Icing Sugar (65g)
- 3/4 Cup Caramilk Chocolate, Melted (135g)
- 2/3 Cup Butter, melted (150g)
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar (120g)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar (100g)
- 2 Medium Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 and 3/4 Cups All Purpose Flour (215g)
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 3/4 Cups Chocolate Chips (135g)
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in the egg, Greek yoghurt and icing sugar and beat until smooth.
- Melt the caramilk chocolate and beat into the cheesecake mixture until smooth.
- Set aside while you make the cookie bars.
- Beat the butter, brown sugar and sugar together.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- Add in the flour, baking powder and salt and mix. Finally add the chocolate chips and mix together.
- Spread half of the chocolate chip cookie dough in an even layer in the base of the prepared pan.
- Spread over the cheesecake mixture.
- Top with the remaining cookie dough in little blobs.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. The top and sides will be golden and set but the middle will slightly wobble.
- Place in the fridge until set completely to cut into neat squares.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week.