**Post and photos updated 2020**
Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are a soft, chewy and ooey gooey chocolate chip cookie baked in a slice pan with a thick layer of sweet and buttery caramel running through the middle. These are the ultimate ooey gooey, comfort food recipe.
I'm a little ashamed to admit that these cookie bars were my go to recipe to make all the time!
I made caramel cookie bars almost every week for at least a year or two before I began really getting into recipe development for Lights, Camera, BAKE!.
Of course once you begin blogging you don't repeat recipes as much as you would have otherwise (my freezer is already overflowing) so I ended up not make these bars for long while. So long in fact that I forgot I hadn't even shared the recipe with you all!
I've remedied that today and you'll be pushed to find a gooier and more comforting sweet treat. The cookie bars set on the outside while the buttery caramel filling keeps the center soft and gooey with a slightly under baked feel to the bars.
How to make the Caramel Cookie Bars
The recipe is truly very simple to make and comes together in less than 15 minutes!
There are two ways to enjoy this dessert. Allow the bars to set in the fridge for nice clean - but still gooey - slices or dig right on in with a big spoon while watching Netflix!
A huge thank you to everyone who entered the Homemade Cookie Cookbook Giveaway! This was the first giveaway Lights, Camera, BAKE! has have ever run and I had so much fun it definitely won't be the last! I will announce the winner in the next post so watch this space.
I hope you enjoy these Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more fun baking videos!
Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- ¾ Cup and 2 Tbsp. Butter, Softened (200g)
- ¾ Cup Brown Sugar (130g)
- ½ Cups Sugar (100g)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 and ½ Cups All Purpose Flour (310g)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips (180g)
- 1 Tin Sweetened Condensed Milk (397g)
- ¼ Cup Butter (55g)
- ¼ Cup Golden Syrup (90g)
- Place the condensed milk, butter and golden syrup in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Stir and wait for the butter and brown sugar to dissolve.
- Bring it nearly to the boil then remove from the heat. Allow the caramel to cool while you make the chocolate chip cookie bars.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and grease a 9x13 baking tin with butter or non stick cooking spray.
- Beat the butter, brown sugar and sugar together.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract) and beat until smooth.
- Add in the flour, baking powder and salt and mix. Finally add the chocolate chips and mix together.
- Spread half of the chocolate chip cookie dough in an even layer in the base of the prepared pan.
- Spread over the caramel.
- Top with the remaining cookie dough in little blobs.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes. The top and sides will be golden and set but the middle will wobble.
- Place in the fridge until set completely to cut into neat squares or dig in with a spoon straight from the oven!