Christmas Tree Brownies are rich and fudgy chocolate brownies decorated like Christmas trees for a fun Christmas treat.
Six days and counting until the big day! Just enough time to make one more Christmas treat that comes in the form of brownies...
Christmas Tree Brownies!
I have seen recipes for these fun brownies around the internet for years and I finally had an excuse to make them. Not that I needed an excuse per say... Just that I baked these with my cousin for an early 'Christmas/birthday' celebration.
Can I just say, they don't take nearly as long as I thought they might and they are are very easy!
Make a brownie. I adapted my go-to brownie recipe to fit a larger baking pan for large Christmas Trees. These brownies turn out fudgy, gooey and rich every single time!
Next we make a simple vanilla buttercream dyed green of course! You could also mic these up and decorate some of these red.
Take some M&Ms, mini M&Ms, smarties or any colourful candy to decorate the 'tree' as lights and. Break a few candy canes and stick into the end of each tree for the trunk and you're finished!
Super easy and reasonably quick to make.
Options here are to decorate with festive sprinkles, a gold star at the top of each Christmas tree brownie or make them smaller. I cut my brownie in half and then made trees from each half. You could cut the brownie into thirds and cut brownies from each third to make them smaller. These ones really are large pieces! Not that I'm complaining...
Merry Christmas!! I hope you enjoy these Christmas Tree Brownies and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured!
Christmas Tree Brownies
- 1 and ½ Cups Dark Chocolate (270g)
- 1 Cup and 3 Tbsp. Butter (250g)
- 3 Large Eggs
- ½ Cup Sugar (100g)
- ¾ Cup Brown Sugar (130g)
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour (240g)
- ½ Cup Cocoa (47.5g)
- ¾ Cup Chocolate Chips (135g)
Christmas Tree Topping;
- ¼ Cup Butter, Softened (55g)
- 2 Cups Icing Sugar (240g)
- 2 Tbsp. Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup M&Ms (200g)
- 5-7 Drops Green Food Colouring
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a 9'x13' baking tin with baking paper.
- Melt the butter and dark chocolate together.
- Mix the eggs, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract together until the mixture becomes a light golden colour.
- Mix in the chocolate mixture.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pan in an even layer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. The top and sides will be set and the middle will have crumbs attached to a skewer inserted but should not be wet.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely before slicing.
- While you wait for the brownies to cool, make the icing.
- Beat the softened butter, vanilla, milk and icing sugar together.
- Add the green food colouring a few drops at a time until you have the desired green. (A darker tree green).
- Place in a piping and either just snip off a small corner of the bag or use a small piping tip to pipe.
- Slice the brownies down the middle length-ways.
- Slice each half into pieces shaped as triangles. You should have around 10-12 pieces.
- Using your icing and starting from the tip of the triangle, decorate each 'tree' with the icing. (See photos for details.
- Place an M&M on each corner of the icing as the 'decorations' and you're done!