If there's one thing I in this world, its brownies! S'mores Brownies, Fudgy Caramel Brownies, Flourless Brownies, you name it! You would think there couldn't possibly be anymore variations of the humble brownie. Wrong! Introducing Condensed Milk Brownies. Super chewy, fudgy and dense chocolate brownies using condensed milk as the base.
Brownie lovers rejoice!
I discovered this recipe in a Coles recipe magazine and just had to give them a try. The idea of using condensed milk as the base of the liquid and sweetness aspect of these brownies was just too interesting to pass up.
Boy am I glad I tried these.
The brownies themselves are insanely easy to make. A saucepan, a stove top and a 9x13 baking pan is all you need. Melt the butter and condensed milk together. Add in the vanilla and brown sugar. Add in your dry ingredients of coca, flour and baking powder and then bake! Optional add in is the white chocolate chips!
So quick and easy and no eggs or melted chocolate is needed.
The condensed milk and brown sugar give these brownies an amazing chewy texture while the lack of eggs ensure these brownies remain dense and fudgy.
I personally like consuming these from the fridge for add chew and fudge texture.
Because condensed milk is so rich and thick and sticky, we don't need the melted chocolate for richness. The condensed milk and cocoa carry that just fine.
I hope you like today's recipe and I truly hope you give these brownies a go. Remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured!
Condensed Milk Brownies
- 2 Tins Sweetened Condensed Milk (794g)
- 1 Cup Butter (220g)
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar (90g)
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup Cocoa (47.5g)
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour (240g)
- 1 and ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¾ Cup White Chocolate Chips (135g)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a 9"x13" baking pan with baking paper and set aside.
- In a medium sized saucepan, melt the butter and condensed milk together. Once melted remove from the heat and stir in the brown sugar and vanilla extract.
- Stir through the cocoa, flour and baking powder and then stir through the white chocolate chips. Pour into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for around 30 minutes or until the sides are set and the middle has the slightest wobble.
- Serve warm or place in the fridge to become ultra chewy!