Salted Caramel S’mores Brownies are a graham cracker base with a layer of homemade salted caramel sauce, covered in a rich and fudgy chocolate brownie and topped with roasted marshmallows. All the elements of a great s’more just upgraded to a salted caramel brownie!
We’re celebrating today! 1). It’s Friday!! That’s always reason to celebrate. 2). Its a long weekend!! Yass! Holiday and relaxing fun and 3). It’s Easter! A chocoholics dream.
Whether you’re celebrating Easter, going on holiday or just excited that it’s Friday, these Salted Caramel S’mores Brownies are for you!
I have a lot of Easter treats on my blog (I’ll link them all below), I even have an Easter themed s’mores bar but I wanted to share another recipe that is chocolate themed but not specifically Easter themed. Easter eggs can be very expensive before Easter so I know not everyone can afford to use them all in a baked good. If this sounds like you, the key is to wait until the massive Easter egg sale on Easter Monday and stock up on half priced Easter eggs and then make the Easter treats. If you can wait a few day’s to make the Easter treats then this is the cheapest way to go!
These salted caramel s’mores brownies are something special! We have the crunchy digestive biscuit (graham cracker) and butter crust topped with a four ingredient, homemade, salted caramel sauce. This is followed by a rich and fudgy chocolate brownie and halfway through cooking we add a layer of marshmallows so they melt and become all roasty toasty!
This my friends, is heaven on a plate. We have the different textures from the crunchy base, the sticky salted caramel, the fudgy brownie and the ooey gooey marshmallows. We then also have a multitude of flavours hitting your taste-buds. Sweet and salty caramel with rich chocolate brownie and sweet marshmallows. These all marry together in a perfect sweet, salty, rich balance.
Seriously you guys! If you want a completely indulgent treat for any time (or any long weekend) THIS is for you!
Serve warm and gooey or allow to cool and enjoy a fudgier texture.
Easter Themed Treats
Salted Caramel S'mores Brownies
- 2 Cups Digestive Biscuits (Graham Crackers), Crushed (150g)
- 1/4 Cup Butter, Melted (55g)
Salted Caramel Sauce;
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar (190g)
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Butter, (110g)
- 1-2 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Dark Chocolate (180g)
- 1/2 Cup Butter (110g)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Sugar (75g)
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar (70g)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder (24g)
- 3/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour (95g)
- 30 Regular Sized Marshmallows
- Line a 9"x9" square baking pan with baking paper or grease with butter.
- Crush the digestive biscuits (graham crackers) and mix with the melted butter.
- Press into the base of the prepared baking pan and place in the fridge while you make the salted caramel sauce.
- To make the salted caramel sauce, place the butter and brown sugar in a pot on a medium to high heat and allow the butter to melt.
- Add the milk and bring to a rolling boil and boil for two minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the salt. Place in the fridge to cool while you make the brownie layer.
- Melt the dark chocolate and butter together.
- Beat the eggs, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract together until light in colour.
- Stir through the chocolate mixture.
- Stir in the flour and cocoa and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Pour the salted caramel over the digestive biscuit base and spread into an even layer.
- Spread the brownie mixture over the salted caramel layer and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes. A skewer inserted in the middle should have loose crumbs attached. The middle may be a bit wobbly if you want a super fudgy brownie.
- Top with the marshmallows and place back in the oven on the top rack for a further 2-5 minutes. The marshmallows will spread and turn golden on top.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes and serve warm or allow to cool in the fridge for an hour or two.