**The original name for these brownies were bare bottomed flourless brownies. I’ve noe changed the name to Triple Chocolate Flourless Brownies.**
I can see it now…. BREAKING NEWS: BROWNIES BARE ALL, THE INSIDE SCOOP!
I was going to call these bare arsed brownies but decided that sounded extremely rude so I went for bare bottomed. Just for a little fun. These Bare Bottomed Flourless Brownies are a thick, fudgy and gooey flourless chocolate brownie baked on top of a layer of white chocolate. (For those of you who don’t get it, they’re bare bottomed because of the layer of white chocolate without any brownie batter on the base. Apologies for the bad joke… :/)
We get a lovely contract between the dark, rich brownies (made all the more richer with the lack of flour) and the light, sweet white chocolate. As the white chocolate buttons don’t get mixed into the brownie batter, the white chocolate remains a solid layer on its own. Hence the bare bottom… Get it? Tehe.
I can’t tell you how many times I have made these brownies in the past few weeks. I have made them for gifts, thank you presents, family gatherings and a batch or
two three for myself. So far I have had RAVE reviews and numerous recipe requests so you know these are good!
These may just be my favourite brownie recipe…
I adapted my flourless brownie recipe to fit a 9″ baking tin instead of an 8″. This means we end up with taller, thicker brownies. They taste the same, remain unfailing fudgy and have the same texture but I like this size for not only the height but also the extra pieces you get out of the it! (Or larger pieces if you’re me….)
You can use the original 8″ recipe and just had half a cup of white chocolate buttons to the bottom if you want a smaller brownie but still want the fun bare bottomed aspect.
As stated in the original recipe, I love flourless brownies as they are almost guaranteed to be fudgy and gooey. What makes these ones special is these only use minimal amount of eggs so they don’t turn out ‘eggy’.
They are also naturally gluten free so if you are avoiding gluten or wheat or have friends who are, these are the perfect dessert or gift to give.
Bare Bottomed Flourless Brownies
- 1/2 Cup Butter (110g)
- 1 and 1/4 Cups Dark Chocolate (225g)
- 1 and 1/4 Cups Milk Chocolate (210g)
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2/3 Cup Brown Sugar (130g)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar (100g)
- 3 Tbsp. Cornflour (22g)
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa (24g)
- 1/2 Cup White Chocolate Buttons (90g)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a 9"x9" baking pan with baking paper.
- Sprinkle over the white chocolate buttons in an even layer over the base of the baking pan and set aside.
- Melt the butter, milk chocolate and dark chocolate together.
- Place the eggs, vanilla extract, brown sugar and sugar in a bowl and beat together.
- Pour in the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and mix together.
- Add in the cornflour and cocoa and mix until all combined.
- Pour over top of the white chocolate buttons and place in the oven for around 30 minutes. The top and sides will be set and the middle will be slightly wobbly.
How many cups of butter in 120g, 210g of chocolate? 180 degrees is what in USA?
1 cup and one tablespoon of butter, 1 and 1/4 cups of chocolate and 180C is 350 Fahrenheit 🙂