**Post and images updated 2022**
Caramilk Cheesecake is a no bake, creamy cheesecake made with Cadbury Caramilk chocolate for all those Caramilk or caramelised white chocolate lovers out there!
If you’re not from New Zealand or Australia you may not know what a Caramilk bar is. It is like Caramac or a caramelised white chocolate block. Caramilk is the Cadbury version of caramelised white chocolate and we Kiwi’s and Aussies can’t get enough!
I have one other Caramilk recipe on this blog and that is my Caramilk Slice. Let’s just say, it is a rather popular recipe!
This recipe is just as good. We take a no bake, ultra creamy and lush cheesecake and fill it with Caramilk chocolate. We have Caramilk in the base, filling and topping!
The base consists of the classic digestive biscuits and butter with the added touch of melted Caramilk chocolate.
The filling is cream cheese, icing sugar, cream, vanilla extract and melted Caramilk chocolate.
The top includes pieces of Caramilk chocolate if you desire.
If you don’t have access to Caramilk chocolate you can use any other caramelised white chocolate brand or use white chocolate instead.
This is a no bake Caramilk cheesecake and allowing this cheesecake to sit and rest for at least eight hours or overnight is absolutely necessary for it to set and the for the flavours to develop.
I hope you enjoy this Caramilk Cheesecake and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments!
Did you make this recipe? If so, show me your creation! Tag me on Instagram @lightscamerabake and #lightscamerabake to be featured.
Also don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more fun baking videos.
- 250 g Digestive Biscuits (Graham Crackers)
- 1/4 Cup Butter (55g)
- 1/4 Cup Caramilk Chocolate (50g)
- 3 Cups Cream Cheese, Room Temperature (750g)
- 1 Cup Whipping Cream (Double Cream)
- 1 Cup Icing Sugar (120g)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cups Caramilk Chocolate, Melted (135g)
- 1/4 Cup Caramilk Chocolate, in pieces (45g)
- Line a 20cm round baking pan with non stick paper or grease with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Crush the digestive biscuits and melt the butter and Caramilk chocolate together. Mix the digestive biscuits with the melted butter mix.
- Press into the base of the prepared pan and place in the fridge while you make your cheesecake filling.
- Lightly whip the cream in a bowl until soft peaks form and set a side.
- Beat the softened cream cheese until no lumps remain.
- Beat in the icing sugar and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- Add in the whipped cream and beat until just combined.
- To this, add in the the melted Caramilk chocolate and mix through. Either fold it through or beat it through but don't over beat.
- Pour over the base and spread into an even layer.
- Place in the fridge for at least eight hours but preferably overnight.
- Heat the cream to nearly boiling and then pour over the Caramilk chocolate and mix together.
- Drizzle the ganache over the cheesecake before serving and top with pieces of Caramilk pieces.
- You can store this in an airtight container for up to a week in the fridge.
Cake turned out really well overall but the proportions for the base were off and it all crumbled when I took it out of the pan 🙁
Sorry to hear that! The amounts work for me but sometimes you may need more moisture so an added 20g of butter would fix this 🙂