Cookie Butter Cookie Bars are gooey and chewy chocolate chip cookie bars with cookie butter as the base for these. Think spices and comforting tones.
What is Cookie Butter?
Cookie butter is a a spread like Nutella made from Biscoff cookies or Speculoos cookies. The flavour is very Christmas like. Full of spice flavour but very buttery and slightly sweet. I could honestly eat cookie butter by the spoonful!
I have never seen Biscoff biscuits or Speculoos cookies so I really had no idea what cookie butter would taste like. All I had to go on was what other bloggers had described. Luckily, I went into Aldi one day and they had two jars of cookie butter spread. Not a branded spread but a cookie butter spread none the less.
Immediately bought the jars and got straight to work testing recipes and consuming far too much cookie butter by the spoonful. (I imagine cookie butter on a warm piece of toast with melted butter would be divine!)
Needless to say these cookie bars are full of warm and inviting spice flavours with bursts of chocolate and white chocolate chips. Getting the right balance between cookie butter, butter and sugar is the key to the gooey and chewy factor.
It’s been rather stormy here so although we’re coming into summer, it feels like Autumn. These cookie butter cookie bars are perfect for this kind of weather. The spice smells when baking are so comforting!
I hope you enjoy these Cookie Butter Cookie Bars as much as I do and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured!
Cookie Butter Cookie Bars
- 1 Cup Cookie Butter (250g)
- 1/4 Cup Melted Butter (55g)
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar (90g)
- 1/3 Cup Sugar (75g)
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 and 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour (200g)
- 2 tsp Cornflour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup White Chocolate Chips (90g)
- 1/3 Cup Chocolate Chips (Optional) (70g)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line an 8"x8" baking pan with baking paper.
- In large bowl, stir together the cookie butter, melted butter, brown sugar and sugar.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Add in the flour, cornflour, baking soda and salt and mix until well combined.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips and chocolate chips
- Pour into the prepared baking pan and smooth into an even layer.
- Bake for around 15-20 minutes (bars will be lightly golden on the top and sides but may appear slightly underdone in the middle.)