It wouldn’t be Lights, Camera, BAKE! without an ooey gooey cookie pie! Today we have Nutella Stuffed Red Velvet Cookie Pie which is an ooey gooey, chewy red velvet cookie with a thick and runny layer of oozing Nutella. As you can see from the photos, this is a gooey, comfort food treat!
Seriously can’t get enough of this cookie pie. I thought my favourite cookie pie of all time was my Nutella KitKat Cookie Pie but this one….
This one has taken the number one spot in my heart.
Not to say the other cookie pies aren’t the amazing. THEY ARE! But this one is special.
The red velvet cookie pie has the same gorgeous soft and chewy, ooey gooey cookie dough as the other cookie pies but with the unique flavour of chocolate/vanilla that red velvet provides.
We take it one step further and add melting Nutella in the middle of the ultimate ooey gooey, comfort food dessert!
If you don’t like Nutella or would prefer a different filling chocolate ganache would also work fantastic here or a cream cheese icing.
Christmas is getting closer and closer and is fast approaching. This is the perfect comfort treat to make with your family and indulge on the cold holiday nights or in my case, the warm summer days where spending time with family and watching movies is on the agenda.
How are celebrating this Christmas season?
I hope you enjoy these Nutella Stuffed Red Velvet Cookie Pie and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for fun baking videos!
Nutella Stuffed Red Velvet Cookie Pie
- 1 Cup Butter, Slightly Melted (220g)
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar (130g)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar (100g)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Tbsp. Cocoa (12g)
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp. Red Food Colouring
- 2 and 1/4 Cups All Purpose Flour (270g)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips (180g)
- 1-2 Cups Nutella (296g-592g)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and grease a 9" or 20cm round pie dish.
- Beat the super soft or partially melted butter, brown sugar and sugar together.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Add the vanilla extract, cocoa and red food colouring.
- Mix in the flour and baking powder.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread half the cookie dough in an even layer as the the base in the prepared dish.
- Spread over the Nutella.
- Dollop over the remaining cookie dough in an even layer.
- Place in the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes. The middle will still wobble but the outside will be starting to turn golden.
- Allow it to cool completely before slicing otherwise the caramel will just run everywhere.