**Recipe and photos updated 2020**
This Hot Fudge Cookie Pie is a soft, gooey, buttery, deep dish chocolate chip cookie filled with hot fudge sauce and baked as a pie. Top with a scoop of the No Churn Vanilla Ice Cream and you have yourself the perfect dessert.
This recipe is a game changer my friends.
A. Game. Changer.
Now a cookie pie with rich hot fudge in the middle…. I’ll say it again.
The first attempt turned out too runny and gooey. The fudge sauce refused to set so I resolved to make a thicker fudge sauce.
Now we have a hot fudge cookie pie that, when hot, there is a lava of hot fudge chocolate sauce but when the cookie pie cooled, the hot fudge will thicken so the pie could be sliced into nice, neat pieces.
You know… If you’re into that…
I prefer to dive in head first a spoon.
I used the same cookie pie base recipe I have used for my previous chocolate chip cookie pies for the simple fact that it is just scrumptious.
The cookie bakes perfectly with a chewy outside shell and a soft, thick, buttery center. Never mess with a good thing I say.
Did you make this recipe? If so, show me your creation! Tag me on Instagram @lightscamerabake and #lightscamerabake to be featured.
Also don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more fun baking videos.
Hot Fudge Cookie Pie
- 3/4 Cup and 2 Tbsp. Butter, Partially Melted (200g)
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar (150g)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar (100g)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp. Golden Syrup (22g)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 and 2/3 Cups All Purpose Flour (340g)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips (180g)
Hot Fudge Sauce;
- 2 Tbsp. Golden Syrup (45g)
- 3/4 Cup Dark Chocolate (150g)
- 1/4 Cup Butter (55g)
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- To make the hot fudge chocolate sauce.
- Place the golden syrup, dark chocolate, butter and milk in a saucepan over a low heat and melt together.
- Set aside while you make the cookie pie.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and grease a 9″ or 20cm round pie dish.
- Beat the super soft or partially melted butter, brown sugar and sugar together.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Add the vanilla extract and golden syrup and beat in.
- Mix in the flour and baking powder.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread half the cookie dough in an even layer as the the base in the prepared dish.
- Pour over the hot fudge chocolate sauce.
- Top with the remaining cookie dough.
- Place in the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes. The middle will still wobble but the outside will be starting to turn golden.
- Allow it to cool completely before slicing otherwise the hot fudge will run everywhere.
- Or dig in while its hot with a spoon!