**Original posted 2016 and updated 2020**
This salted caramel cookie pie is a soft, gooey, chocolate chip cookie filled with a warm, melting salted caramel sauce. The caramel and the cookie is all made from scratch but don’t think you will be slaving away in the kitchen for hours… You will see from my tutorial that it takes minimal time and effort to whip up this gorgeous cookie/pie.
This is one of my all time favourite recipes on my blog!
I know it will be yours too!
How to make the Salted Caramel Cookie Pie
To begin, we have to make the caramel sauce. This caramel sauce is super easy to make and only take three ingredients. Take butter and brown sugar and melt those together on a medium-high heat then add milk. Boil that together for at least 2 minutes. (The longer you boil the darker and richer the caramel sauce). Add salt to make it salted caramel and set aside.
The cookie is a simple cookie mixture that is then halved and one half is spread on the base of a pie dish. That is then covered in the oozing caramel which is then topped with the remaining cookie dough. The cookie dough is a sticky dough so I found the easiest way to top the caramel with the dough is to take small chunks of the dough and flattening them out in my hand to then place on top.
Why am I explaining this? It’s all in the video! Check it out below!
I hope you enjoy these Salted Caramel Cookie Pie and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more fun baking videos!
Salted Caramel Cookie Pie
Salted Caramel Sauce;
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar (110g)
- 1/4 Cup Butter, Melted (55g)
- 3 Tbsp. Milk
- 1/2 – 1 tsp Salt
- 3/4 Cup and 2 Tbsp. Butter, Partially Melted (200g)
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar (150g)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar (100g)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp. Golden Syrup (22g)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 and 3/4 Cups All Purpose Flour (340g)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips (180g)
- Sea Salt to garnish
- To Make the Salted Caramel;
- Place the butter and brown sugar in a saucepan on a medium to high heat.
- Once the butter has melted, add the milk and bring to the boil.
- Boil for at least 2 minutes before removing from the heat.
- Add the salt and allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350 F) and grease a 9″ or 20cm round pie dish.
- Beat the super soft or partially melted butter, brown sugar and sugar together.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Add the vanilla extract and golden syrup and beat in.
- Mix in the flour and baking powder.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread half the cookie dough in an even layer as the the base in the prepared dish.
- Pour over the salted caramel.
- Top with the remaining cookie dough.
- Place in the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes. The middle will still wobble but the outside will be starting to turn golden.
- Allow it to cool completely before slicing otherwise the caramel will just run everywhere.