Chocolate Caramel Tart is a no bake tart with an Oreo base with a buttery, creamy caramel filling and a thick chocolate ganache top. Dot over some Rolos or other caramel filled chocolates to finish this tart off!
What can I say about this tart except…. Oh MY!
I’m not kidding when I say this was gone in two seconds flat. If I’m being really honest, my mother and I dug straight into the tart with spoons and didn’t slice the rest of the tart or share it.
It’s that good.
How to make the TART
The chocolate caramel tart is really easy to make. All you need to do is make a simple Oreo crust which is just crushed Oreos and butter mixed together.
Then you make a rich condensed milk caramel filling (based on my caramel filling recipe) and finally make a two ingredient chocolate ganache.
Finally I topped mine with Rolos for decoration but you could use any caramel filled chocolate or go with something completely different like a white chocolate drizzle or more crushed Oreos.
I hope you enjoy this Chocolate Caramel Tart and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for fun baking videos!
Chocolate Caramel Tart
- 28 Oreo Cookies (274g)
- 1/4 Cup Butter, Melted (55g)
- 1 Tin Sweetened Condensed Milk (397g)
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar or Golden Syrup (50g)
- 1/2 Cup Butter (110g)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Cream
- 1 and 3/4 Cups Dark Chocolate (315g)
- 1 Cup Rolos or other caramel filled chocolate (180g)
- Line a 20cm round baking pan with non stick paper or grease with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Crush the Oreos and mix with the melted butter. Press into the base and up the sides of the prepared pan and place in the fridge.
- Place the condensed milk, brown sugar and butter in a saucepan over a medium heat. Stir and wait for the butter and brown sugar to dissolve.
- Bring it nearly to the boil then remove from the heat. Allow it to cool a little and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour over the Oreo crust and place in the fridge to set for around two hours.
- Once the caramel is nearly set, prepare your chocolate ganache.
- Place the the cream in a saucepan over a low heat and bring just to boiling point. Take off the heat and pour over the dark chocolate. Mix until smooth.
- Pour over the caramel filling and spread in an even layer. Place in the fridge for half an hour to an hour before topping with the Rolos and then allow it to set for another hour or two until you can slice it without the ganache running.