Nutella KitKat Cookie Pie. Just let that sink in for a second people. Nutella. KitKats. Cookie Pie…. Are you jumping up and down yet because I am! This Nutella KitKat Cookie Pie uses my favourite fuss free, fail safe, soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie pie base (first seen in this post). I then added lightly crushed KitKats and smothered a generous layer of Nutella lovingly through the middle because…. Um hello?! Nutella! Also it’s Friyay.
I can’t tell you how happy I am that it’s Friday. Honestly this week has been a complete shambles and I feel like I haven’t sat down for more than 5 minutes. First was Christmas shopping – I should say ‘attempted’ Christmas shopping, various appointments, migrating my site so it’s faster and more accessible for you all and of course planning and creating new recipes and videos in preparation for the holiday season!
Fun Christmas treats and dessert are headed your way so watch this space!
After a long week, I feel we all deserve a pat on the back and a huge slice of this Nutella KitKat Cookie Pie! Go on… I know you want to….
Cookie Pies are one of my all time favourite things to make. I have developed the – in my opinion – best cookie pie base recipe. The recipe is super easy and can be either made with a hand beater or just by hand. Only one bowl is required and the result is always a soft and gooey centered cookie pie with crisp and chewy edges. If you have not made a cookie pie yet I ask you, “What are you waiting for?”
Since we have our simple base recipe of butter, sugar, vanilla, eggs, flour, baking powder and chocolate chips, it’s time to turn this baby from average Joe Cookie Pie to creme de la creme Nutella KitKat Cookie Pie.
I broke finger KitKat’s into small pieces, which in turn, lightly crushed them. You can do this by just snapping them in your hands or if you want to be lazy (it is Friday after all) you can put them in a bag and hit them a couple of times with a rolling pin.
Next is of course the Nutella. The Nutella spread in the middle results in an oozing chocolate middle and when served warm…. Utter bliss!
I hope you all enjoy your weekend and have a very happy Friday! Remember to #lightscamerbake on Instagram if you make this, or any of my other recipes. I adore seeing your baking creations. You can also connect with me on Facebook and be sure to follow my YouTube for more yummy videos!
Nutella KitKat Cookie pie
- 1 Cup Butter, Partially Melted (220g)
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar (140g)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar (100g)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Golden Syrup*
- 2 and 1/3 Cups All Purpose Flour (285g)
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips (180g)
- 4 Packets 4 Finger KitKats, (180g)
- 1/2 - 1 Cup Nutella (150-296g)
- Break up your KitKats into small pieces and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°C) and grease a 9" or 20cm round pie dish.
- Beat the super soft or partially melted butter, brown sugar and sugar together.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Add the vanilla extract and golden syrup and beat in.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and broken KitKats.
- Spread half the cookie dough in an even layer as the the base in the prepared dish.
- Spread over the Nutella. How much you use is up to you. I used more towards a cup as I love hazelnut chocolate spread!
- Top with the remaining cookie dough.
- Place in the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes. The middle will still wobble but the outside will be starting to turn golden.
- Serve warm for an oozing Nutella center or allow to cool completely for cleaner and neater slices.
This looks so good! I’m going to have to try this soon!
Thank you :). I know you’ll love it
This looks like a delicious way to kick off my weekend! Mouth is watering, I’m definitely going to be making this.
Yay, I hope you enjoy it! 🙂