Red Velvet Brownies combine the flavours of vanilla and chocolate in these chewy and gooey brownies with a cream cheese swirl. These brownies are based on the classic red velvet cake recipe but made into a gooey brownie.
Red velvet is one of my many loves. The interesting combination of both vanilla and chocolate accented with the creamy cheesecake like frosting – or in the case of these red velvet brownies – swirl.
This new form of red velvet is in the form of brownies with a cheesecake swirl throughout. These contain more cocoa than most other red velvet recipes for more of a chocolate flavour due to these being brownies but they still have they sweet, subtle vanilla charm of a classic red velvet recipe.
Mix that with the creamy and sweet cheesecake swirl and you have a winner of a brownie!
I hope you enjoy this Red Velvet Brownies and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for fun baking videos!
Red Velvet Brownies
- 9"x9" Square Baking Pan
- 150 g Butter, Melted (3/4 Cup)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Medium Eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa
- 1 Tbsp. Red Food Colouring
- 2/3 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp White Vinegar
- 250 g Cream Cheese, Softened
- 70 g Butter, Softened
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Icing Sugar
- 1 Medium Egg
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (325°F) and line a 9"x9" baking tin with baking paper.
- Place the sugar and melted butter in a bowl and mix together.
- Add in the vanilla extract, red food colouring and eggs and beat together.
- Add in the cocoa and all purpose flour and fold them through.
- Lightly fold in the white vinegar and then pour into the prepared pan and set aside to make the cheesecake filling.
- Beat the cream cheese, butter, icing sugar, egg and vanilla extract together until smooth.
- Pour over the cheesecake mixture and using the end of a knife, swirl that through the red velvet brownies and then place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. The outside will be set and the middle will have a slight jiggle.
- Allow them to cool completely before slicing and then store in the fridge in an airtight container.