Red Velvet Cookie Bars are soft and gooey red velvet cookie bars with white chocolate chips. Perfect for Valentines Day!
I’ve said it once, I’ll say it again… Can you believe its February already?! I’m back in Australia and slowly but surely melting like a Popsicle. (I’m seriously not made for the hot temperatures).
As we are in the month of February I thought it best to release a Valentines Day themed recipe. Red Velvet Cookie Bars are based on my Nutella Stuffed Red Velvet Cookie Pie recipe. That recipe has quickly become one of my (and yours) favourite recipes to date!
Speaking of said cookie pie, that would also be a fantastic Valentines Day treat!
Now I’m not one to celebrate Valentines day usually (#foreveralone) but if it means I get to bake delicious desserts for the occasion I’m all for the ‘holiday’.
These cookie bars couldn’t be simpler. This is a one bowl recipe and they can be whipped up in 30 minutes! A perfect gift, dessert or just because!
The only thing you need to know is I used liquid red food colouring. If you can a food colouring paste, start with only two or three drops and add more as needed to achieve the red colour of these cookie bars.
I hope you enjoy these Red Velvet Cookie Bars and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured!
Red Velvet Cookie Bars
- 200 g Butter, Partially Melted
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp. Cocoa
- 1 Tbsp. Red Food Colouring
- 2 and 1/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350 F) and grease a 9"x9" square baking pan and set aside
- Beat the super soft or partially melted butter, brown sugar and sugar together.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Add the vanilla extract, cocoa and red food colouring.
- Mix in the flour and baking powder.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips and chocolate chips.
- Spread the cookie dough in an even layer as the the base in the prepared dish and place in the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes. The middle will look slightly underbaked but the outside will be starting to turn golden.