Hello everybody and welcome to Friday. The day before the weekend. One of my favourite days and to celebrate such a glorious day, I have a little treat for you all.
Baked Snickers Cheesecake. This cheesecake uses an Oreo crumb base, a peanut butter cheesecake filling that is then packed full of chopped Snickers bars and finally swirled with homemade chocolate and caramel sauces. Decadence and indulgence is on the agenda today folks.
I even have a little video demonstration to go with it!
How has everybody’s week been so far? It’s the middle of summer here in New Zealand but you wouldn’t know it over the past few days. We got a fresh lot of snow on the mountain and I even lit the fire! #WheresSummerAt?
I must be honest here and say I don’t actually mind that much. I’m one of those people who complains when it’s too hot and would rather stay inside rather than lay outside and tan. Besides the cooler weather gives me another excuse to turn on the oven and bake more. Not that I need any more excuses…
If you love Snickers bars you are going to absolutely love this cheesecake. This cheesecake is so good it will not last in your house. For me it lasted about a day….
I used Oreos for the base of this cheesecake because I really like the flavour of an Oreo crust but if you prefer you could use any chocolate flavoured biscuit. I also used an all natural peanut butter in my cheesecake filling. I’ve said it in other posts that I prefer the flavour and knowing there’s not a whole lot of nasties in my peanut butter but again you can use any brand of peanut butter and it won’t affect the outcome or texture of this cheesecake.
I opted to use a simple ganache recipe and my salted caramel sauce recipe as I felt they had the closest flavours to the Snickers bar chocolate and caramel. You can use store bought sauces if you want to cut down on time and energy, I just prefer homemade.
Right, lets get down to texture. This cheesecake is so creamy and smooth with little pockets of chewy, crunchy Snickers Bars. This combination of crunchy, creamy, rich and sweet is just heavenly.
But don’t take my word for it.
Go and try it!
Indulge a little.
I know you want to….
Baked Snickers Cheesecake
- 50 g Butter, Melted (1/4 Cup)
- 28 Oreos, Crushed (2 Packets)
- 625 g Cream Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Greek Yoghurt
- 1/2 Cup Icing Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 Cup Peanut Butter
- 3 (52.7g) Snickers Bars, Chopped into small pieces
- 50 mL Cream
- 50 g Dark Chocolate, Broken into pieces
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 50 g Butter, Melted (1/4 Cup)
- 3 Tbsp. Milk
- First prepare the chocolate ganache and caramel sauce.
- Place the cream on a medium to high heat and allow it to nearly come to the boil.
- Take off the heat and pour over the chocolate. Mix until it becomes thick and glossy.
- Allow to cool while you make the caramel sauce.
- Place the butter and brown sugar in a saucepan on a medium to high heat.
- Once the butter has melted, add the milk and bring to the boil.
- Boil for at least 2 minutes before removing from the heat.
- Allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (325°F) and line a 20cm cake tin.
- Crush the Oreos and mix with the melted butter.
- Press into the base of the prepared pan and place in the fridge.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs and yoghurt.
- Finally add the vanilla extract, icing sugar and peanut butter and beat until all combined.
- Stir through the chopped Snickers bars and pour over top the the Oreo Base.
- Use 1/4 of a cup of the chocolate ganache and 1/4 of a cup of caramel sauce and pour them both over the cheesecake.
- Using the end of a spoon, swirl the two sauces through the cheesecake to create a ripple effect.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes. The middle should still be slightly wobbly.
- Turn off the heat and allow it to cool to room temperature before placing it in the fridge for 4-8 hours.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.