Caramel Pecan Bars are soft and gooey maple pecan and chocolate chip cookie bars with a smooth and silky caramel running throughout the middle.
I made these for this first time this week and just had to share them straight away! They were too good not to share. I mean chocolate chips, pecans and caramel all in an ooey gooey cookie bar! Whats not to love?
These caramel pecan bars are inspired by my Candied Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies – if you haven’t made these yet, what are you doing?! These are almost better though because they’re gooey and you know I love the goo!
you have the option to make these exactly as written or make them in a larger pan (9″x13″) for a flatter cookie bar. If you do this I would recommend doubling the caramel mixture and cut off around 10 minutes of cooking time. Do this if you want more slices or a flatter cookie bar as these are quite large and substantial.
I can’t believe its Friday again already! University for me goes back next week which I’m happy about but also sad at the same time. Does that make sense? As it’s the weekend, you know I’ll be baking and I hope you’ll join me in making these pecan bars too!
I hope you enjoy these Caramel Pecan Bars and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for fun baking videos!
Caramel Pecan Bars
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar (130g)
- 1/4 Cup Butter (55g)
- 1/3 Cup Milk or Cream
- 1 Cup Butter, Melted (200g)
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar (180g)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar (100g)
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup (161g)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp. Cornflour (Cornstarch) (12g)
- 3 and 1/4 Cups All Purpose Flour (390g)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Pecans, Chopped (125g)
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips (180g)
- First make the caramel so it can cool.
- Place the butter and brown sugar in a saucepan on a medium to high heat.Once the butter has melted, add the milk and bring to the boil.Boil for at least 2 minutes before removing from the heat.
- Once the butter has melted, add the milk and bring to the boil.
- Boil for at least 2 minutes before removing from the heat. Allow to cool while you make the cookie bars.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a 9"x9" baking pan with baking paper and set aside.
- Melt the butter and in a bowl, mix the melted butter, sugar, brown sugar together.
- Add in the maple syrup, egg and vanilla extract and mix together.
- Mix in the flour, baking soda, baking powder and cornflour.
- Finally mix in the chocolate chips and pecans and spread half of the mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Pour over the caramel and then top with the remaining cookie dough in an even layer and place in the oven for 30-40 minutes, The top and sides will be lightly golden but the middle will still wobble due to the caramel.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing.