Caramel Pecan Oat Bars is a chewy oat slice studded with chocolate chips and topped with caramel, coconut, pecans and white chocolate.
I love my Buttery Oat Slice recipe and you should too! It is consistently my most raved about thing I make in my personal life. Seriously! The oat base and top is buttery, chewy and just perfect. Mixed with the soft and creamy caramel middle and you have a winner.
No matter who I serve the oat slice to, they love it! Needless to say, it’s a must try.
I used the buttery caramel oat slice as the base for this recipe but I thought I would switch it up a bit.
For starters, it’s only two layers instead of three, contains coconut in the caramel mixture (completely optional), white chocolate chips and pecans too!
The caramel is condensed milk based so its buttery and rich, sweet and thick. Perfect for what we need. We want a thick, set layer of caramel not a runny, liquid layer.
The pecans really stand out in these bars. The perfect mix of an oat crumble, caramel and pecans. Such a fantastic combination. White chocolate chips and coconut are optional but highly recommended. The coconut is just a slight underlying flavour not a centre piece and white chocolate just really goes with the whole finished product.
New Video This Week
I hope you like today’s recipe, I hope you try these caramel pecan oat bars! Remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more fun baking videos!
Caramel Pecan Oat Slice
- 1 Cup Butter, Melted (220g)
- 1 and 1/2 Cups Borwn Sugar (280g)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 and 2/3 Cups All Purpose Flour (210g)
- 1 Cup Self-Raising Flour (125g)
- 2 and 1/2 Cups Oats (225g)
- 1/2 Cup Desiccated Coconut (50g)
- 1 Tin Sweetened Condensed Milk (397g)
- 1/2 Cup Butter (110g)
- 1/4 Cup Golden Syrup (90g)
- 1/3 Cup Desiccated Coconut (40g)
- 3/4 Cup Pecans, Chopped (95g)
- 1/2 Cup White Chocolate Chips (90g)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a 9"x13" baking tin with baking paper.
- First make the caramel.
- Place the condensed milk, golden syrup, butter, coconut and chopped pecans in a saucepan on a medium heat and allow them to melt together.
- Once it has all come together take off the heat and add the vanilla extact.
- Allow to cool slightly while you prepare the oat slice.
- Place the brown sugar in a bowl and mix in the melted butter.
- Add in the eggs and mix.
- Add the two flours, oats and coconut and mix until all combined.
- Press the mixture into the base of the prepared pan, place in the oven to bake for around 20 minutes. The top should be a very light golden colour.
- Remove from the oven and cover with the caramel and sprinkle white chocolate chips over top.
- Place back in the oven for around 15 minutes. The caramel should be a deeper golden.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing. I like to cool mine in the fridge so the caramel slices nicely.