Caramilk Self Saucing Pudding is a soft vanilla and Caramilk cake with a sweet Caramilk sauce that appears while baking.
I just love self-saucing puddings! You know my family favourite chocolate self-saucing pudding and now I bring you the Caramilk self-saucing pudding!
The soft and fluffy cake and the ooey gooey sauce. They remind me of home. Of comfort and of my childhood.
This Caramilk version is a bit different to my chocolate pudding but trust me, its just as saucy and just as light and fluffy!
If you can’t get your hands on Cadbury Caramilk chocolate, you could replace with any other caramelized white chocolate or just make this a white chocolate self-saucing pudding!
How to make the Self-saucing Pudding
I hope you enjoy this Caramilk Self Saucing Pudding and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more fun baking videos!
Caramilk Self-saucing Pudding
- 1/2 Cup Butter (110g)
- 1/2 Cup Milk (125ml)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp. Golden Syrup (45g)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar (100g)
- 1/4 Cup Cup Brown Sugar (60g)
- 1 and 3/4 Cups Self Raising Flour (215g)
- 180 g Block of Cadbury Caramilk*
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar (90g)
- 3/4 Cup Boiling Water (190ml)
- 1/2 Tin Sweetened Condensed Milk (195g)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and grease a 20cm baking round baking dish.
- Melt the butter, milk, vanilla extract and golden syrup in a saucepan on a low heat until the butter melts.
- In a bowl mix the sugar, brown sugar and self raising flour together.
- Pour over the wet ingredients and mix all together until just combined.
- Chop 90g of the Caramilk chocolate into small pieces and fold through the batter.
- Pour into the prepared dish.
- Chop the remaining Caramilk chocolate into very small pieces and place in a separate bowl.
- To that, add in the brown sugar and condensed milk and then the boiling water.
- Stir together.
- Pour the mixture over the cake batter.
- Place in the oven for 30-35 minutes. The top will be set and golden but underneath will still be bubbly and liquid.