Easy Cheese Scones are light and fluffy scones filled with cheese and herbs! This is the only scone recipe you will EVER need!
You've asked and I've heard you! I have a savory scone recipe that is just as good as my famous Easy Date Scones recipe.
The date scones have been my top recipe for the past few weeks and the great reviews keep coming in which is absolutely lovely and I love reading all your comments and suggestions. Its just great!
Keep the comments coming!
I know a lot of you have been wanting a savory scone recipe (I know in some places like America, scones are called biscuits).
The secret to amazing, easy, cheese scones
The key is enough cheese! I used 1 and ½ packed cups of cheese. You want to pack the grated cheese in the cups so you have enough cheese.
Also the herbs. You want to add in the herbs whether they're mixed herbs, Italian herbs, etc. Some for of dried herbs really take the flavour to the next level!
The secret to really good scones
The key with this scone recipe is to not work the dough. You more you work the dough, the tougher and tighter the scone. If you want denser scones then work the dough for two minutes but if you want light and fluffy scones, don’t work the dough at all.
You want to mix the wet and dry ingredients until just combined (the dough with be very sticky and wet) and then blob them straight onto a baking tray. They end up more rustic looking but I like them like that!
I hope you enjoy these Easy Cheese Scones and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more fun baking videos!
Easy Cheese Scones
- 3 Cups All Purpose Flour (375g)
- 2 Tbsp. Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar (12g)
- 2 teaspoon Mixed Herbs
- 75 g Butter
- 1 and ¼ Cups Milk
- 1 and ½ Cups Grated Cheese, Packed
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC (425°F) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, mixed herbs and cheese into a bowl.
- Rub in the butter with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the milk and quickly mix with a fork or table knife until just combined.
- The mixture will be soft and sticky.
- Place in 12 blobs on the baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- he outside will be golden brown.
- Place on a wire rack to cool and serve warm with butter and runny honey!
Leave a Reply