Honeycomb Rocky Road is rocky road with all the good stuff. Broken pieces of digestive biscuits (graham crackers), marshmallows, caramel filled chocolate, honeycomb and a few other goodies all wrapped up in melted chocolate!
Before I get into this post and this recipe ,I just have to say a huge thank you to my readers and all my new readers! I posted my Condensed Milk Brownies recipe last week and you guys have seriously LOVED IT! Like my page views have tripled loved it! It’s still not much in the grand scheme of things but it is huge for me so thank you for reading, thank you for supporting me and thank you for trying and loving my recipes. You seriously rock!
Right… On to the rocky road!
I don’t make rocky road very often. The only other rocky road recipe on my blog being my Cookies and Cream Rocky Road. I’m about to change all that with this recipe! As you can see and tell from the name of this rocky road that it isn’t your traditional rocky road. There are no nuts and certainly no dried fruits. Just chocolate, marshmallows caramel and all the things we love.
One of the things that puts me off rocky road is the addition of peanuts (don’t like them) and the ones where they sneakily add dried fruit (fruit and chocolate together… really?!). So I’ve left them out and added what I wanted to create this honeycomb rocky road!
I’m petty happy with the results…
Okay. Really happy!
I love that rocky road is so simple and fast to put together. Melt chocolate with some butter, golden syrup and, my secret ingredient, pure vanilla extract and pure the melting goodness through your additions. In this case the additions are the classic digestive biscuits and marshmallows and Caramello chocolate, Honeycomb (like Crunchies or these) and Honeycomb Maltesers. If I’m making a honeycomb rocky road, I want these to taste of honeycomb!
If you like the addition of nuts or want to substitute other candies and chocolates for the ones listed you go right ahead and add/change them! And don’t forget to share your creations with us. I would love to see what you do with the recipe.
I made these on a whim (typical) and served these to my cousin. Let’s just say she adored them! She then took them to school and she said the feedback was amazing! Kids were asking me to make them again and again. Children seal of approval? TICK!
If you make these honeycomb rocky road, please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love hearing from you all and hearing you love my recipes. Remember if you make this or any of my other recipes to #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured!
Honeycomb Rocky Road
- 120 g Butter (1/2 Cup)
- 175 g Golden Syrup (1/2 Cup)
- 350 g Milk Chocolate
- 100-150 g Dark Chocolate
- 250 g Digestive Biscuits, Crushed (Graham crackers)
- 200 g Caramello Chocolate (Caramel filled chocolates)
- 70 g Honeycomb Maltesers, Chopped (or regular Maltesers)
- 300 g Crunchies, Chopped (Honeycomb chocolate)
- 200-250 g Marshmallows, Chopped
- Line or grease a 9"x9" baking tin and set aside.
- Lightly crush the digestive biscuits, chop the marshmallows in half or quarters, cut Maltesers, crunchies and break up the Caramello (or caramel chocolate) into pieces.
- In a large bowl place the broken digestive biscuits, chopped marshmallows, 270g of the Crunchies (honeycomb chocolate), 150g caramel chocolate, 60g of the honeycomb Maltesers and any other add ins and mix.
- Melt the butter, golden syrup, milk chocolate and dark chocolate together and pour through the the rest of the ingredients. Mix quickly and press into the prepared tin in an even layer.
- Top with the leftover Maltesers, Crunchies and caramel chocolate.
- Place in the fridge for one or two hours until set. Cut with a sharp knife into pieces and serve.