Hot Chocolate Cookie Bars are soft and chewy hot chocolate flavoured cookie bars filled with mini marshmallows for the ultimate comforting, late night treat!
So these happened…
And can I say I have eaten far too many of these hot chocolate cookie bars in the late hours of the night. These just something about the super chewy, slightly gooey, hot chocolate flavoured cookie bars that just makes me lose all self control!
These cookie bars are based off my Hot Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies. I fell in love with the texture and the unique flavour the hot chocolate powder brings that I knew I had to make something else with hot chocolate powder.
Que my cousin going on a kitchen cupboard cleaning spree and we found a tub of hot chocolate powder that was just about to expire in the back!
Talk about fated….
I used Cadbury’s Hot Chocolate powder but you could use any hot chocolate powder that you can get your hands on.
I hope you enjoy these Hot Chocolate Cookie Bars and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for fun baking videos!
Hot Chocolate Cookie Bars
- 1 Cup Butter, Softened (200g)
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar (190g)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar (100g)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 and 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour (300g)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 Cups Hot Chocolate (75g)
- 3 and 1/2 Cups Mini Marshmallows (150g)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a 9"x9" with baking paper.
- Beat the butter, brown sugar and sugar together.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Beat in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and hot chocolate until well combined.
- Stir through 120g of the mini marshmallows and spread in an even layer in the prepared pan.
- Top with the remaining mini marshmallows and place in the oven for 20 minutes. The middle will look slightly underdone but a skewer inserted in the middle will only have loose crumbs attached.