Lemon Curd is an easy tangy and creamy recipe that can be used for fillings, slices and cakes.
A couple of weeks ago I posted my recipe fro Lemon Curd Shortbread Crumble and I decided to create separate recipe for the lemon curd in case you want the best tangy and creamy lemon curd for other treats!
The recipe for this lemon curd could not be simpler!
One saucepan and glass bowl with a whisk is all that’s needed.
That and patience!
The key is to take your time. Don’t let the water boil hoping it will speed up the process. Keep it at a simmer or you risk cooking and scrambling the eggs.
Also remember to keep whisking to ensure it all evenly cooks and you don’t end up with lumps.
I hope you enjoy the Lemon Curd and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for fun baking videos!
- 3/4 Cup Lemon Juice (177ml)
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon Zest
- 1/2 Cup Sugar (115g)
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Butter (110g)
- In a glass bowl over medium saucepan of simmering water, whisk the eggs sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest together.
- Continue whisking over a medium to high heat while the mixture starts to thicken.
- Add the butter a piece or two at a time while whisking continuously.
- Ensure you continue whisking throughout
- Continue to cook the curd until it thickens to a pudding-like consistency (about 10 minutes).
- Remove from heat. (The curd will continue to thicken as it cools.)
- Transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap, ensuring the plastic wrap touches the surface of your curd to stop it from forming a crust.
- Place in the fridge until chilled.