I’m back at it again with the cookie dough. Cookie Dough Buttercream to be exact.
If you’re new here, HI!, I’m Emma and I’m a cookie dough addict. Welcome.
As you may know I have featured cookie dough a number of times on Lights, Camera, BAKE!. With these Cookie Dough Stuffed Chocolate Cookies, Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars (reader favourite), Cookie Dough Slice and most recently the Cookie Dough Ice Cream Bomb to name a few.
Cookie dough buttercream is on a whole other level! The cookie dough buttercream is a smooth cookie dough flavoured icing and amazingly, the buttercream tastes EXACTLY like cookie dough! To achieve the cookie dough buttercream we make something similar to a regular cookie dough. We have butter, brown sugar, vanilla essence and a touch of flour. The measurements are different to regular cookie dough and then we of course add icing sugar to turn this into an icing.
Surprisingly the icing doesn’t turn out overly sweet and the cookie dough flavour doesn’t get overpowered by the icing sugar. The cookie dough buttercream really did blow my mind.
As with all cookie dough on my site, this is perfectly safe to eat and has no eggs.
I made this just regular cookie dough without any additions for a smooth icing. You could add chocolate chips for the most common cookie dough flavour or add a touch of cookie to turn this into chocolate cookie dough. The choice is entirely up to you.
Cookie Dough Buttercream
- 1 Cup Butter, Softened (220g)
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar (130g)
- 1/2 Cup All purpose Flour (65g)
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Milk or Cream
- 2 and 1/2 Cups Icing Sugar (300g)
- Beat the butter until smooth with a hand beater.
- Beat in the brown sugar, flour, milk and vanilla extract until thick and creamy.
- Add in the icing sugar a cup at a time and beat until smooth.
- Add extra milk or cream if your mixture is too stiff. Add it slowly so you don't end up with a runny mixture.
As always #lightscamerabake on Instagram, I love seeing your lovely creations and comment below if you love cookie dough as much as me!
Leave a Reply