Everybody needs a good cream cheese icing in their baking repertoire. My Cream Cheese Icing is buttery, creamy and sweet. The icing holds it’s shape and is the perfect addition to any cake, cupcake or to eat with a spoon…
If you haven’t noticed, I use cream cheese icing a lot on LCB! Remember my Hummingbird Cake, Banana Cake and Vanilla Caramel Poke Cake? I absolutely adore cream cheese icing and I think a lot of you do too.
To make cream cheese icing is very simple. Just beat cream cheese, butter vanilla essence and icing sugar together and you have cream cheese icing. There are only a few of things you should know to ensure you get smooth and creamy icing.
- Make sure the butter and cream cheese is at room temperature.
- Beat the butter and cream cheese until smooth before adding in the other ingredients. Don’t add all the ingredients at once or you will end up with lumpy icing.
- Ensure you use full fat cream cheese. Not fat free or spreadable. The icing will be far too runny if you use either of those.
Cream cheese icing is so simple yet so delicious and perfect for most cakes. What’s your favourite cake to put cream cheese icing on?
Cream Cheese Icing is buttery, creamy and sweet. The icing holds it's shape and is the perfect addition to any cake, cupcake or to eat with a spoon.
- 110g (1/2 Cup) Butter Softened
- 250 g Cream Cheese Room Temperature
- 2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 3-4 Cups (325-500g) Icing Sugar (Confectioners Sugar)
Add the cream cheese and butter to the bowl of a stand mixer and beat together until smooth.
Add the icing sugar and vanilla essence and beat until all combined.