*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!*
Mini Egg Cookie Bars are soft and chewy cookie bars filled to the brim with chocolate chips and Mini Easter Eggs.
I am aware that it’s only February and Easter is still a way off.
However, the stores already have Easter goodies available and honestly, I love Ester eggs all the time.
So here we are.
You could choose to make these cookie bars today, tomorrow, next week or stick to making them at Easter. I personally will make them a few times this year.
How to Make Mini Egg Cookie Bars
The mini eggs I used are Cadbury’s speckled mini eggs. You can use any other brand if you like or mix it up and use different flavoured mini eggs. I just really like the look of speckled eggs in these cookie bars.
Did you make this recipe? If so, show me your creation! Tag me on Instagram @lightscamerabake and #lightscamerabake to be featured.
Also don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more fun baking videos.
Mini Egg Cookie Bars
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Partially Melted (110g)
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar (100g)
- 1/4 Cup Sugar (50g)
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 and 1/4 Cups All Purpose Flour (155g)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips (90g)
- 185 g Mini Eggs (1 and 1/2 bags)
- 60 g Mini Eggs (1/2 bag)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and grease an 8" or 9" baking tin with butter or non stick cooking spray.
- Beat the butter, brown sugar and sugar together.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- Add in the flour, baking soda and salt and mix.
- Finally add in the chocolate chips and mini eggs and mix together.
- Spread the cookie dough in an even layer and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- The top and sides will be golden and set but the middle will still be soft. Allow to cool for around 10 minutes before topping with the remaining mini eggs, removing from the pan and slicing.