Easter Chocolate Cookie Bars are soft and chewy chocolate cookie bars filled with assorted Easter eggs.
Easter is tomorrow so I thought I would sneak in one more Easter recipe for you guys to make over the Easter weekend or even today.
I actually made these last year but I had already post ed three other Easter recipes (Creme Egg Brownies, Oreo Creme Egg Cookie Bars and Mini Egg Cookie Pie), so I decided to keep these for this year.
I love these chocolate cookie bars. They’re chewy and gooey in the middle. They’re packed full of assorted Easter chocolates and they’re so easy to make!
I personally used M&M Speckled Eggs, Mini Eggs, a few Creme Eggs and just assorted Cadbury mini solid eggs or mini Caramello eggs.
You can use whatever Easter eggs you like.
I hope you enjoy these Easter Chocolate Cookie Bars and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for fun baking videos!
Easter Chocolate Cookie Bars
- 2/3 Cups Butter, Melted (150g)
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar (140g)
- 1/4 Cup Sugar (50g)
- 2 Medium Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa (24g)
- 1 and 3/4 Cups All Purpose Flour (210g)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips (90g)
- 1 Cup Assorted Small Easter Eggs, Chopped (M&M Crispy Easter Eggs, Mini Eggs, Caramel Mini Eggs).
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and grease a 9"x9" square baking pan.
- Beat the melted butter, brown sugar and sugar together.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Mix in the cocoa, flour and baking powder.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, and chopped mini Easter eggs.
- Spread the cookie dough in an even layer as the the base in the prepared dish.
- Place in the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes. The middle will still wobble but the outside will be starting to turn golden.