*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!*
Cream Egg Cookies are thick and chewy vanilla chocolate chip cookies filled with mini creme eggs and creme eggs.
This is my second Easter recipe of 2021 and believe me, it won’t be the last. We started with my Mini Egg Cookie Bars which have been a huge hit already!
I’m so happy you love them!
Now we move into something Creme Egg related as I know many of my readers – and friends and family – love Cadbury Creme Eggs.
It is always difficult for me to create a creme egg based recipe as I do not share the love for Cadbury Creme Eggs. I simply do not like them. I never have and I don’t think I ever will.
I know, I know, don’t come for me please!
So this recipe goes out to all my readers who do love all things creme eggs.
All I ask of you is to make these cookies and let me know how they go in the comments below!
The cookie recipe base is based off my bakery style chocolate chip cookies as I feel this cookie dough creates the best thick, chewy and soft cookies out there!
Did you make this recipe? If so, show me your creation! Tag me on Instagram @lightscamerabake and #lightscamerabake to be featured.
Also don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more fun baking videos.
Cream Egg Cookies
- 1 Cup Butter, Cold and chopped into small pieces (220g)
- 3/4 Cups Brown Sugar (150g)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar (100g)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 3 and 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour (420g)
- 1 Tbsp. Cornflour (Cornstrach)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips (180g)
- 110 g Mini Creme Eggs, Chopped in half
- 8 Creme Eggs (312g)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- With an electric mixer, beat the cold butter with the brown sugar and sugar creaming them together.
- There should still be clumps of butter visible.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and beat in. Again, there should still be chunks of butter visible.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, cornflour and baking powder together.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients. The batter will be quite stiff.
- Chop up the Mini creme eggs and add that and the chocolate chips and stir in.
- Divide the mixture into around 16 medium balls and arrange on the prepared pan. Only four or five to a tray as they will spread.
- I didn't roll mine, more like clumped them together in a rustic look. You want them tall balls rather than flatter balls as this will help them remain thick.
- Chill the dough for 30 minutes – 1 hour to re chill the butter and avoid spreading.
- Bake for around 15-18 minutes. The dough will still be a little soft to the touch.
- It's at this moment you can choose to halve the creme eggs and top the cookies with half of a creme egg.
- Store in an airtight container.
Leave a Reply