Mini Mars Bar Cheesecakes are creamy, mini chocolate cheesecakes with Mars Bars dotted throughout and topped with a chocolate ganache and more Mars Bars. You’re going to love the different flavours and textures of these mini cheesecakes!
I based this recipe off my chocolate marbled mini cheesecakes recipe but changed practically everything up! I added milk chocolate to the cheese cake mixture to get the hint of chocolate throughout the cheesecake mixture as the middle of a Mars Bar is only slightly chocolaty.
**I believe Mars Bars are Milky Ways in some parts of the world.**
We then add a lot of chopped Mars Bars to the cheesecake mixture. When baked, the caramel in these Mars Bars will turn gooey and the middle nougat will be sticky and chewy.
Top these off with a dark chocolate ganache for a contrast in flavours and more chopped Mars Bars just because and you have yourself a fantastic dessert for any occasion!
As I mentioned above, the flavours and textures of these Mini Mars Bar Cheesecakes are phenomenal. We have the crunchy digestive biscuit (graham cracker) base, the smooth and creamy, slightly chocolaty cheesecake filling with pockets of gooey caramel and chewy nougat and a topping of dark chocolate ganache. The flavours all mould and fuse together. Crunchy, creamy, chewy, gooey, sweet and oh so moreish!
What I absolutely love about mini cheesecakes is that they are easy, single serving desserts. They look beautiful plated up at a dinner party, they’re easy to serve as finger food and they’re great to just grab out of the fridge on the go. If you’re like me and you only have one other person in the house, a full cheesecake can be a bit much to handle. (Especially when I bake something new every other day!). These mini Mars Bar Cheesecakes are perfect to just pop in the freezer to grab whenever you’re craving something sweet.
Don’t forget to #lightscamerabake on Instagram if you make these or any of my other recipes. I love seeing your creations in the kitchen! Also be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more baking videos, challenges and fun.
Mini Mars Bar Cheesecakes
- 2 Cups Digestive Biscuits, Crushed (Graham Crackers) (150g)
- 1/4 Cup Butter, Melted (55g)
- 1 and 1/2 Cups Cream Cheese, Softened (325g)
- 1/4 Cup Icing Sugar (30g)
- 1/4 Cup Greek Yoghurt (Or Cream)
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Milk Chocolate (90g)
- 3x (53g) Mars Bars, Chopped
- 1 Cup Milk Chocolate (180g)
- 2/3 Cup Cream
- 1x (53g) Mars Bar, Chopped
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (325°F) and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Mix the melted butter and cookie crumbs together and press some of the mixture into each cupcake case.
- Place in the fridge while you make the cheesecake mixture.
- Beat the cream cheese until it is smooth.
- Add the egg, vanilla extract, icing sugar and Greek yoghurt and beat for at least two minutes until the mixture is light and creamy.
- Beat through the milk chocolate and chopped Mars Bars.
- Place a dollop of the cheese mixture onto the biscuit base. I start off with a dessert spoon full for each.
- Place in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes. The sides should be set and the center will have a very slight wobble.
- Allow them to come to room temperature before placing in the fridge to set for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- While they are chilling make the chocolate ganache and chop the extra Mars Bar for decorating.
- Heat the cream until nearly boiling and then pour over the chocolate.
- Mix together until smooth and glossy.
- Peel the cheesecakes out of the cupcake cases and drizzle with the chocolate ganache and a few pieces of Mars Bar before serving.
Leave a Reply