*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!*
No Bake Mint Chocolate Cheesecake consists of three layers. Oreo crust, mint cheesecake and chocolate cheesecake. All no bake and easy to make.
I love mint and chocolate as a flavour combination.
The fresh peppermint cuts through the richness of the chocolate creating a perfect balance in flavours.
For this cheesecake recipe, we layer the two flavours just to for something a bit different.
We start with a crushed Oreo base and then top that with a mint flavoured cheesecake filling.
Then on top of the mint flavoured filling, we have the chocolate flavoured cheesecake filling. Finally, it's drizzled with a mint chocolate ganache.
The mint chocolate cheesecake is no bake and does not use gelatin. This means there are a few tricks needed to ensure the cheesecake sets properly.
How to Make The Cheesecake
- Use full fat cream cheese. Low fat cream cheese is runnier and doesn't set as hard.
- Use heavy whipping cream and whip until stiff. The cheesecake mixture should be stiff and look almost set before you even place it in the fridge.
Did you make this recipe? If so, show me your creation! Tag me on Instagram @lightscamerabake and #lightscamerabake to be featured.
Also don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more fun baking videos.
No Bake Mint Chocolate Cheesecake
- 28 Oreos, Crushed (266g)
- ¼ Cup Butter, Melted (55g)
- 3 Cups Cream Cheese, Room Temperature (750g)
- 1 Cup Icing Sugar (125g)
- 1 Cup Cream (250ml)
- 1-2 teaspoon Peppermint Essence
- ¾ Cup Dark Chocolate, Melted (135g)
- ¼ Cup Cream (62ml)
- ¼ Cup Cream (62ml)
- ½ Cup Dark Chocolate (90g)
- ½ teaspoon Peppermint Essence
- Line a 20cm round baking pan with non stick paper or grease with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Crush the Oreos and mix with the melted butter. Press into the base of the prepared pan and place in the fridge while you make your cheesecake filling.
- Melt the dark chocolate and ¼ cup of cream together in a saucepan until smooth.
- Set aside in the fridge to cool completely.
- Beat the softened cream cheese until no lumps remain.
- Beat in the icing sugar until smooth.
- Add in the 1 cup cream and beat until thick and stiff.
- Split the mixture into two bowls.
- To one bowl add melted dark chocolate and cream and mix together.
- To the other add the peppermint essence. (How much essence you use is up to personal taste. I used 1 and ½ teaspoon personally but you could use less or more depending on how minty you like your desserts).
- Pour the peppermint layer over the Oreo Crust and spread in an even layer.
- Repeat with the chocolate layer and place in the fridge for at least four hours but preferably overnight.
- Make the mint chocolate ganache before serving.
- Place the dark chocolate in a medium bowl.
- In a saucepan on a medium heat, bring the cream nearly to the boil.
- Remove the cream from the heat and pour over the dark chocolate.
- Stir together until smooth and glossy.
- Add in the mint essence.
- Slice the cheesecake and drizzle over the mint chocolate ganache before serving.
- The cheesecake can be stored in the fridge for up to a week.