**Post and photos updated 2020 from 2018**
Oreo Magic Bars are seven layer bars including layers of crushed Oreos, butter, coconut, pecans, chocolate chips, marshmallows, and condensed milk. These are all baked together into a chewy, ooey gooey bars that are sweet and flavorsome.
Magic Bars are also known as seven layer bars, hello dolly bars, magic seven bars... You get the idea. Traditional magic bars are layers of malt biscuits, butter, coconut, nuts, chocolate and sometimes fruit with condensed milk. I have my version on this blog. I called them Magic Seven Layer Bars.
Magic bars are a classic and a definite crowd pleaser. Don't get me wrong, I love the original seven layer bars recipe. In fact it's one of my family favourites! However, today I wanted to change it all up and make cookies and cream version. A naughtier, gooier, chocolate version if you will. You know how I love my goo and chocolate!
These Oreo Magic Bars use Oreos in place of malt graham crackers, marshmallows in place of nuts and broken up honeycomb in place of fruit. Every other layer is the same. We still have the butter, coconut, chocolate and condensed milk. You know, all the good stuff!
I originally was going to replace the coconut in these as well with some other sweet chocolate ingredient but at the last minute I decided against this. I'm o glad I did! With the chocolate marshmallows and condensed milk, these magic bars can be very sweet and the coconut mixed with richness of the melted butter helps balance all the sweetness. Trust me, you're going to want to keep in the coconut.
To make these Oreo magic bars all you need is an 8"x8" baking pan and the ingredients. Simply layer up the ingredients in even layers in the baking dish and bake. So ridiculously simple that you could do it with your eyes closed. The layering goes crushed Oreos then melted butter to act as the glue for the crushed Oreos. This is followed by the coconut, pecans, chocolate chips and marshmallows. Drizzle with condensed milk and you have yourself seven layers of perfection.
You will see in the video I have already mixed the crushed Oreos and melted butter together. I wish there was some amazing reason for this but it was purely because I wanted to snack on a few mouthfuls of Oreos and butter mixed together. Truly! That is the only reason for this. #keepingitreal
I hope you enjoy these Oreo Magic Bas and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more fun baking videos!
Oreo Magic Bars
- 28 Oreo Cookies, Crushed
- ¼ Cup. Butter, Melted (55g)
- ½ Cup Desiccated Coconut (45g)
- 12-14 Regular Marshmallows
- 1 Cup White Chocolate chips (180g)
- ½ Cup Pecans, Chopped (65g)
- ½ Tin Sweetened Condensed Milk (200g)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line an 8" or 9" baking tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Crush the Oreos and spread in the base of the prepared tin.
- Pour over the melted butter and lightly press into the crushed Oreos.
- Gently spread over the desiccated coconut and pecans.
- Spread over the chocolate chips.
- Dot the marshmallows around the pan.
- Pour over the condensed milk and place in the oven for around 20-25 minutes,
- The slice will be bubbling and the top of the condensed milk with be going a light golden brown.
- Allow to cool before slicing. The slice is very sticky when hot and will make a mess.
Leave a Reply