Peanut Butter Brownie Cookie Dough Bars : Peanut Butter cookie, brownie and cookie dough, all thrown together to form a delicious sweet treat deserving movie star quality treatment.
Don’t they just look goregous?
I got the idea for these from Cookies and Cups ‘Cavity Brownies’ which I then adapted and changed to form my own version of these bars.
I added the use of peanut butter as my base as I thought the flavour of the peanuts with the chocolate brownie would just set the whole thing off because, well, who doesn’t love peanut butter and chocolate?!
This makes a 9″x13″ pan but it makes a ton as you only need a small slice. I’m not one to usually tell you you only need a small slice but with these you really do. It is surprisingly very filling. This is a three layered, dense, oh so sweet, textured, tall monster of a slice. Which is great because you can cut them into into little fingers and snack on those throughout the day.
To assemble this slice, begin with the peanut butter cookie layer. Whip up all the ingredients, place it in the tin and bake it slightly.
Next is the brownie layer.
This makes a lovely fudgy, lightly gooey brownie and was actually a base for my Chewy Brownies. Again, this is super simple to make and then that is baked as well. We want this slightly under baked so the brownie stays lightly gooey and the base doesn’t overcook. There is nothing worse than a rock hard, over baked cookie!
Once those two layers have cooled completely – I recommend chilling them in the fridge to allow the brownies to properly set – move onto the cookie dough layer.
This is egg free of course but it does contain uncooked flour. If you prefer to not use uncooked flour, you can replace this with oat flour.
Spread that over the top and you’re finished a ready to go.
These bars are made up of three different, simple components that, when put together, create a tantalizing treat for all to enjoy.
Peanut Butter Brownie Cookie Dough Bars
Peanut Butter Layer;
- 150 g Butter, Melted (2/3 Cup)
- 3/4 Cup Peanut Butter
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Icing Sugar
- 1 and 1/4 Cups Brown Sugar
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips, Optional
- 190 g Dark Chocolate
- 170 g Butter
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 and 1/4 Cups Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Cocoa
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
Cookie Dough Layer;
- 190 g Butter, Partially Melted
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 2/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 and 3/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Line a 9"x13" baking tin with cooking paper and preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- To Make the Peanut Butter Cookie Layer;
- Stir in the peanut butter, icing sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract into the partially melted butter.
- Hand beat in the eggs.
- Mix in the flour and chocolate chips if you are adding those.
- Spread into the prepared tin and place in the oven for 7 minutes.
- To Make the Brownie;
- Melt the butter and chocolate together.
- Beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
- Mix the chocolate mixture through the eggs.
- Mix in the cocoa, followed by the flour.
- Pour the mixture over the partially baked peanut butter layer.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- The middle should wobble but be crisp on top. The middle may still be a little wet if a skewer is inserted.
- Place in the fridge to cool and set.
- To Make the Cookie Dough Layer;
- Beat the butter, icing sugar and brown sugar together until fluffy.
- Beat in the milk and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread over the chilled brownie and chill for at least an hour before slicing and serving.