Peanut Butter Caramel Oat Slice has a crunchy and chewy peanut butter oat base and top with pockets of peanut butter gooey, buttery caramel in the middle!
I love oat slices. From my Buttery Caramel Oat Slice to my Caramel Spiced Oat Bars, I think they’re fantastic. So versatile, crowd pleasing, quick and easy to make and so moreish. Especially when you have a condensed milk base for your caramel. I’m completely obsessed with this caramel!
I based this peanut butter caramel oat slice off my buttery caramel oat slice just adding peanut butter and tweaking a few of the ingredients! I also halved the recipe. The original buttery oat slice is baked in a 9×13 pan and this peanut butter caramel oat slice is baked in a 9×9 pan. So, so good! If you haven’t had peanut butter and caramel together as a flavour combo, now is your chance! You really won;t regret it. These were snapped up by my taste testers in a flash.
As always, be sure to #lightscamerabake on Instagram if you make these or any other of my recipes and be sure to follow me on Pinterest for more recipe and quote inspirations.
Peanut Butter Caramel Oat Slice
- 1/3 Cup Butter, Melted (80g)
- 1/4 Cup Peanut Butter, Melted (62g)
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar (150g)
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 and 1/4 Cups Oats (110g)
- 1/2 Cup Coconut (50g)
- 1 and 1/3 Cups All-Purpose Flour (155g)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Cup Butter (55g)
- 1/2 Tin Sweetened Condensed Milk (200g)
- 2 Tbsp. Golden Syrup (25g)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter (125g)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a 9"x9" baking tin with baking paper.
- First make the caramel.
- Place the condensed milk, golden syrup and butter in a saucepan on a medium heat and allow them to melt together.
- Once it has all come together take off the heat and add the vanilla extract.
- Allow to cool slightly while you prepare the oat slice.
- Melt the butter and peanut butter together.Place the brown sugar in a bowl and mix in the butter and peanut butter mixture.
- Add in the egg and mix.
- Add the flour, oats and coconut and mix until all combined.
- Press 2/3 of the mixture into the base of the prepared pan.
- Dollop spoonfuls of the 1/2 cup of peanut butter over the base.
- Top with the caramel and then crumble over the remaining oat mixture on top.
- Place in the oven to bake for around 30 minutes. The top should be a light golden colour.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing. I like to cool mine in the fridge so the caramel slices nicely.
Joshua S Hill
This looks great, and I’ve just finished and put it in the oven, but the recipe needs some corrections:
– 1 and 1/41/4 Cups Oats
– For the caramel filling, I think you’ve forgotten to add butter, as is required in the description. I melted the peanut butter into the sweetened condensed milk (but swapped brown sugar for golden syrup) but then later in the recipe it called for that peanut butter I used. 🙂
Oh gosh, good spotting! I have fixed my poor editing and the recipe is as it should be now. Thanks for letting me know and I know they’ll taste great with the peanut butter through the caramel regardless 🙂
Maria Miguel Zamith
this looks so good! I think I’m gonna try to make this vegan friendly! 😀 😀
Thanks Maria! That would be awesome! I hope your experimenting pays off 🙂