This Sticky Lemon Slice is a tangy yet sweet slice that consists of a simple pastry like base topped with a sticky lemon filling that melts in the mouth and has an almost custard like texture.
I have made this slice many times over the years and is one of my mothers absolute favourites. Needless to say, it doesn’t last long in my house! It is one of those slices that is quick to make and is perfect for packed lunches, snacks or to serve at family get togethers.
What I love about this recipe is that it can be made completely in a food processor. Just throw the ingredients for the base in and turn it on. Done. While the base cooks, just throw all the ingredients for the topping in and turn it on. Done and done. That really is how easy it is! If you don’t own a food processor this can just as easily be made with a hand mixer or completely by hand if you like.
Don’t forget to check out the video below for a quick tutorial and subscribe to me on Youtube for more yummy videos!
Sticky Lemon Slice
- 120 g Butter, Softened (1/2 Cup)
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Icing Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Milk
- 3/4 Cup Caster Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Lemon Juice, around 3 Lemons
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Rind
- 3 Large Eggs
- 2 Tbsp. Custard Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and grease a 9"x13" baking tin.
- Place the butter, flour and icing sugar in a food processor and process until a light dough forms.
- Add the milk starting with 1 teaspoon.
- Add the milk slowly as you may only need a little bit. It should form a ball around the blade and its done.
- Press into the base of the baking tin and bake for 15 minutes or until the sides are starting to brown.
- While the base is baking prepare the lemon topping.
- Place the lemon juice, lemon rind, eggs, baking powder, caster sugar and custard powder in a food processor and process until its all combined.
- Pour over the base and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- The top should be browning and the middle should be set.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing.
Leave a Reply